A COUNTY Durham cricket club is hoping to boost support by offering hospitality packages.
Barnard Castle CC is hoping fans will sign up to its 2013 Premier Club package.
Three home games – against Stokesley on May 18; Great Ayton on July 25 and Thornaby on September – have been designated Premier Club days on which sponsors paying £100 will enjoy a range of treats including food and drink, club membership and a sponsor's page in the handbook.
The club, which plays in the top flight of the North Yorkshire South Durham (NYSD) league, is hoping the imminent arrival of its first overseas professional will further boost interest in its efforts on the field.
Pakistani star, Aamer Sajjad, will be joined by a second overseas signing – Belgium international Faisal Khan.
Barnard Castle CC spokesman John Walker said: “NYSD rules now encourage clubs to give opportunities to young players from abroad to gain experience in English conditions, whilst living and working locally.
“Faisal will represent BCCC during the 2013 season and gain that experience whilst proving a real threat with the ball - at 6ft 4ins he already has 20 ICC international wickets for Belgium and is keen to impress with a good return of NYSD victims at Vere Road."
For more information on the Premier Club package, contact Ruth Stanwix on 01833-631190 or email email@example.com
More Barnard Castle News
- Road increased to 40mph to reduce number of speeding drivers
- Nominations open for Teesdale Business Awards
- Police appeal following attempted burglary in Barnard Castle
- Vintage gowns to be auctioned in Barnard Castle
- Pupils try fencing and shooting as part of Pentathlon training
- Hundreds of pupils tackle cross country course at Barnard Castle School
- Cosmic shower at festive star party
- Adventurer inspires scouts
- £400,000 lottery grant will benefit youngsters in the North Pennines
- Councils under pressure over Living Wage