A COUNTY Durham cricket club is hoping to boost support by offering hospitality packages.
Barnard Castle CC is hoping fans will sign up to its 2013 Premier Club package.
Three home games – against Stokesley on May 18; Great Ayton on July 25 and Thornaby on September – have been designated Premier Club days on which sponsors paying £100 will enjoy a range of treats including food and drink, club membership and a sponsor's page in the handbook.
Loading article content
The club, which plays in the top flight of the North Yorkshire South Durham (NYSD) league, is hoping the imminent arrival of its first overseas professional will further boost interest in its efforts on the field.
Pakistani star, Aamer Sajjad, will be joined by a second overseas signing – Belgium international Faisal Khan.
Barnard Castle CC spokesman John Walker said: “NYSD rules now encourage clubs to give opportunities to young players from abroad to gain experience in English conditions, whilst living and working locally.
“Faisal will represent BCCC during the 2013 season and gain that experience whilst proving a real threat with the ball - at 6ft 4ins he already has 20 ICC international wickets for Belgium and is keen to impress with a good return of NYSD victims at Vere Road."
For more information on the Premier Club package, contact Ruth Stanwix on 01833-631190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Barnard Castle News
- Barnard Castle museum to open doors to visitors after hours as part of Lates! programme
- Children enjoy teddy bears' picnic in Barnard Castle's castle grounds
- Work on Barnard Castle footbridge to start
- Staindrop Scouts enjoy summer camp
- "Immature" young farmer who raped and molested woman wins cut in jail term
- Felines fight it out for crown at North-East cat show
- Strength of man and woman on show at UK Truck Pulling Championships
- Young adults caught late-night swimming in the River Tees are warned by police over water safety
- Barnard Castle Truck Show to return this weekend
- Tributes paid to Teesdale archaeologist