Police release photo of suspect's car in search for missing Chester-le-Street gran (From The Northern Echo)
For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Police release photo of suspect's car in search for missing Chester-le-Street gran
DETECTIVES investigating the disappearance of Chester-le-Street grandmother, Pamela Jackson, have released a photo of the car driven by the man charged with her murder.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the car, a silver Kia Cee'd, registration LA07 AVW, in the Chester-le-Street area or the Halifax area of West Yorkshire.
The vehicle belongs to Adrian Muir, 50, of Halifax, who is currently on remand, charged in connection with his partner's disappearance.
Chief Inspector Elaine Taylor, of Durham Constabulary, said: "We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone who might information regarding the movements of this vehicle between March 1 and 8.
"As the investigation continues we are becoming increasingly worried that Pamela has come to significant harm.
"It is now more than two weeks since anyone has seen her and her bank and social media accounts remain untouched."
A police spokesman said the investigation team had been trawling hours of CCTV footage trying to piece together the events surrounding Ms Jackson's disappearance.
She was reported missing from her home in Chester-le-Street by her son, Joe on Thursday, March 7 and had not been seen since the previous Saturday.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 and ask for the major crime team alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Businessman claimed £22,000 benefits after saying he could barely walk
- Man escapes injury after shed next to house is set alight in suspected arson attack
- Man admits making indecent images of children
- Prolific sex offender jailed for repeatedly breaching child ban
- Youths have the chance to have their say on crime in Cleveland
- Man changes plea to guilty over Easingwold van driver murder
- Darlington prison worker found guilty of sex crimes
- Care worker jailed after claiming she had terminal cancer
- Darlington business partners in court over stolen car parts
- Woman jailed for threat to kill husband
More Chester-le-Street News
- Earl of Durham in inheritance wrangle with sisters
- Ha'way in hinny are ye allreet?
- Find out about foster care in County Durham
- School hale and arty
- Fishburn couple flooded for the third time after heavy rain hits the North-East
- Calendar Girls comes to the stage
- Macmillan Cancer Support seeks supermarket collection volunteers
- Home celebrates its anniversary
- Engineering boss faces prospect of jail following conviction of manslaughter of worker
- Two jailed for their part in cash-for-crash insurance scam