For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Former Newcastle player Nile Ranger charged with common assault
Former Newcastle United player Nile Ranger has been charged with common assault.
Police confirmed they were called to the Gate retail and leisure complex on Newgate Street in Newcastle city centre at 7.09pm yesterday (Wednesday, March 13).
He is due to appear at Newcastle Magistrates Court tomorrow (Friday, March 15).
Speaking earlier, a spokesperson for Northumbria Police said: "At 7.09pm on Wednesday we received a report of a fight in a car park at the Gate in Newcastle.
"A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault."
Police later confirmed that he had been charged with common assault.
More Crime News
- Day Six: Dave McLuckie Trial
- Career in politics comes crashing down for former Cleveland Police Authority chairman Dave McLuckie
- Rise, rise and fall of Dave McLuckie
- Life ban for Hartlepool woman whose starving dog died and was dumped in a wheelie bin
- Appeal after attempted robbery in park
- Police minister praises dignified campaign of relatives of Horden gun massacre
- Prison warning as former police authority chairman found guilty of perverting the course of justice
- Man left with horrific facial injuries after spade attack
- Police and Crime Commissioner Ron Hogg on patrol with road policing unit
- Tourists attacked as they walk to their hotel
More Newcastle Utd News
- Newcastle confirm Kinnear return
- Kinnear: I am not here to oust Pardew as Newcastle United boss
- Kinnear to have final say on transfers following shock return to Newcastle
- Why Newcastle's Kinnear appointment is fatally flawed
- Newcastle set to appoint Kinnear as Director of Football
- Krul staying with Newcastle?
- Roma poised to make big-money bid for Cabaye
- Haidara wants Cabaye to stay at Newcastle
- Carroll remains set for Hammers - not the Magpies
- Newcastle confident of resolving Cisse dispute