TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Shildon father admits driving after taking drugs with baby daughter in car
- Father and son charged with kidnap and making threats to kill
- West Auckland pensioner charged with 13 historic sex offences
- Diamond couple celebrate 60-years of marriage in Bishop Auckland
- Young people's helpline needs cash to continue
- Appeal for descendants to reclaim Victorian family bible
- Council cuts Ferryhill youth cafe services as funding slashed
- Community could benefit from town hall review
- Motorcyclist death was an accident after collision with tractor on blind bend, coronor rules
- Farmer awaiting full payment for West Auckland bypass land faces court for council tax protest