TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- World Cup winner helps launch new rugby team
- 'They won't force me out' - Last remaining resident protests over care home closure
- Multi-million pound geothermal energy plans for Auckland Castle
- Full steam ahead at railway museum
- Stan Laurel letter sells after frenzied bidding
- Heroes back home honoured at last
- Bands unite for Oxfam fundraiser
- £2,000 grant for young Bishop Auckland boxers
- Steamy date at Shildon museum
- Rail preservation role for former MP