TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Banned driver is jailed after leading police on car chase
- Summer entertainment for all at town hall
- Makers of town documentary celebrate second ‘sell-out’ showing
- Teenager smoked cannabis the night before he crashed car
- Sales soar as Bishop Auckland McDonald's reopens after refurb
- Teams invited to unite against dementia at five-a-side football tournament
- Unemployed can find role with help from Auckland Castle
- Bishop Auckland man jailed for storing heroin stash to help meet his debt to cocaine dealers
- Community bloom project blossoms for judges’ visit
- High hopes as traders gear up for launch of revamped town market