TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Tourism and Heritage Minister visits Auckland Castle
- Appeal for volunteers to staff new charity shop
- Pie and pea supper takes on special meaning as it marks 70 years since war vets were honoured
- Man with virtually clean record went on crime spree to meet drug debts after losing job
- Recognise this bus passenger?
- Snap up some fantastic prizes in the Winning Smile photo competition
- B&M Bargains shoplifter jailed
- Homeless man with 260 previous convictions admits assault
- Barry the runaway pig is found a home