TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Work to start on Bishop Auckland cinema next year
- Work on long-awaited Bishop Auckland cinema complex to start next year
- Council backs 20mph limit for 33 schools
- Ambulance service under 'severe pressure' as schoolboy waits six hours for vehicle after injuring his knee
- Father Christmas to make final appearance in Bishop Auckland this weekend
- Santa Claus helps campaigners seeking £1m to create jobs boost near Bishop Auckland
- New partnership helps Bishop Auckland construction students build successful careers
- UPDATED: Police name man, 23, killed after three cars collide on Bishop Auckland viaduct
- New memorial seat serves as lasting tribute to miners who died in West Auckland Colliery
- Star apprentices inspired by their predecessors at awards ceremony