TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Shildon in hat for FA Cup draw
- Shildon magic mushroom man went on rampage after seeing dead relatives
- Councillors urged to reject proposal for motorcyclists' den
- Plans to turn former Bishop Auckland care home into home for vulnerable young people withdrawn
- Gluten free diagnosis leads to new life for Mandy
- Spanish art exhibition unveiled at Auckland Castle
- Trimdon youngsters triumph in model making contest
- Voters called to polls to elect new Evenwood ward councillor
- Celebration of historic locomotives short-listed for tourism award
- Funding for war memorial garden