TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Driver jailed for leading police on chase in van while under influence of cannabis
- Kynren bosses urge people to get involved
- Kynren to be even bigger and better next year, say spectacular show's organisers
- Pupils embark on charity walk from Bishop Auckland to Durham
- Three women and a man deny violent break-in at home of lone female occupant
- Ever wanted to be a firefighter? Durham and Darlington fire service launch new apprenticeships
- Thursday, October 20: Incidents on the region's roads
- Hard work results in Beowulf-inspired show
- Builders' merchant axing 600 jobs and closing 30 branches across trade brands Travis Perkins, Benchmarx, BSS and PTS
- Family of teenager fighting for life after suffering 90 per cent burns in house fire told to 'prepare for the worst'