TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Guide to events marking 100 years since the Battle of the Somme
- Guide to going to Kynren with opening night just days away
- Businesses invited to workshops
- Blooms to brighten up Bishop Auckland
- Bishop Auckland on the up thanks to Kynren
- ‘Kynren changed our lives’ say family of six
- Musical duo set to impress at Auckland Castle
- How the North-East and North Yorkshire voted in the EU referendum
- Farage declares June 23 'our independence day' after Leave victory
- Live: Britain to leave the EU after historic vote - what now?