For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Miniature world of railways at Locomotion museum in Shildon
Updated 5:14pm Thursday 28th February 2013 in News
TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Campaigners hope to boost business with Bishop Auckland bike ride
- Award success for Bishop Auckland stroke survivor who became an artist
- Business challenges offers students insight into world of work
- Forest to host Gruffalo anniversary celebration
- Charity swim across English Channel for Bishop Auckland woman
- Father and son given suspended prison sentences for pub toilet attack
- Visitors flock to Roman festival at "Pompeii of the North"
- Concerns have been raised over plans to develop 19 eco chalets near Bishop Auckland
- 73-year-old former councillor takes his debut one-man show to Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Opinions sought on future of Bishop Auckland maternity unit
Comments are closed on this article.