TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- 'I am the law' - Drunk went "on patrol" in friend's police 'special' uniform
- Council scraps exercise referral scheme
- Campaign launched to raise profile of train heritage
- TRACER: Man appeals for help to find his long lost cousin
- Inquest opens into sudden death of Bishop Auckland teenager Lucy Smith
- Police investigating Leeholme assault
- Police appeal for help to trace missing Chilton man
- Youngsters to spearhead £30,000 heritage project for Auckland Castle
- VIDEO: 'Stupid' man clings to car bonnet in his pants at 52mph for a dare
- Romantic husband erects anniversary plaque in Shildon to mark 60-year relationship with wife