For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Miniature world of railways at Locomotion museum in Shildon
Updated 5:14pm Thursday 28th February 2013 in News
TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Bishop Auckland to host cycle road race next month
- Planners spurn £17m student digs scheme for former mental hospital
- £840,000 funding to improve routes for walkers, cyclists and bus users
- "Pompeii of the north" found in Bishop Auckland
- Residents to challenge council decision allowing Wheatley Hill Service Station to keep widened back entrance
- Police appeal to trace missing Shildon woman
- American footballers on month long trip to region from the Temecula Valley Soccer Academy Hawks, California
- Help children to read
- Bishop Auckland MP apologises over "puppets" tweet
- Fundraising climb in memory of soldier
Comments are closed on this article.