TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Armed robber fled when store owner threw newspapers at him
- Tributes paid to former Durham County Council chairman
- Young volunteers create sensory garden at Spennymoor campus
- Railway station set to unveil improved facilities
- Final open garden of the season
- Legal bid to get information from helicopter black box
- American opera star to perform at Tow Law First World War memorial concert
- Vintage fire vehicles to join rally at Shildon railway museum
- Tudor exhibition set to close soon
- Amazon adventure on offer at Hamsterley Forest