TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- New homes plan for village
- New reptile shop for Bishop Auckland
- Police tackle anti-social behaviour and underage drinking in Bishop Auckland
- School plan to be discussed by councillors
- Council tax relief scheme extended
- Council considers 20mph limits for housing areas following successful pilot project
- Lost passport ends dreams of holiday to Florida
- Councillors accused of 'petty childishness' over seats row
- Four years jail for man who abused three children
- Battle to buy 'eyesore' farm hotting up