For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Miniature world of railways at Locomotion museum in Shildon
4:55pm Thursday 28th February 2013 in News
TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Bishop of Durham takes his place in Good Friday Walk of Witness
- £20m student digs plan would create 'totally unbalanced community'
- Political spat marks birth of 'super authority'
- Approval given for 120 homes in Spennymoor on DurhamGate site
- Anti-crime meetings in Shildon believed to be under threat are to continue
- Parishioners begging vicars for food - Bishop of Durham
- Army unit given freedom of Spennymoor celebrates for possibly last time with town's council
- Council agrees closure of five care homes
- Dog breeder on trial
- Dog breeder denies causing suffering to animals
Comments are closed on this article.