TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Tributes paid to much-loved pony which spent life bringing joy to thousands
- Youngsters share their opinions at anti-racism workshops
- Community groups in Bishop Auckland to receive funds
- Pensioner has life savings stolen after being attacked with coal shovel in home near Bishop Auckland
- West Auckland photographer captures spectacular starling murmuration
- Action after Ramshaw pub bosses arrested following alleged assault and affray
- Pony died hours after being pulled from mud by firefighters
- Darlington has second highest proportion of under-performing secondary schools in country, figures reveal
- Play promises audiences feast for the senses in Bishop Auckland
- Cheap lamb imports after Brexit could put hill farms out of business, warns Bishop Auckland MP Helen Goodman