TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Bishop Auckland photography club showcases its talents to attract new members
- Youngsters take to the stage at Bishop Auckland dance festival
- Display of working model locomotives to go on show in Shildon railway museum
- Suspected illicit cigarettes and tobacco seized in ice cream van raid
- Passionate bike fans turn hobby into Bishop Auckland cycle shop
- Residents enjoy sing-along during MP's visit to Willington nursing home
- Men who stole charity boxes from fish and chip shop are jailed
- Cluedo-style mystery inspires literacy work
- Petition launched to keep breast cancer services in Bishop Auckland
- Skills centre provides development opportunities