TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Pupils and teachers fundraise in Bishop Auckland to help Nepalese friends devastated by earthquake
- Modernisation plan could see Shildon Post Office close for upgrade
- Long lost workers' strike banner on show in Bishop Auckland for first time in 50-years
- County Durham student tells of fear during Nepal earthquake
- Thousands visit Shildon for annual Steam Gala
- Upcoming Bishop Auckland band set for UK tour
- Students tested by army challenges
- Free IT support sessions in Bishop Auckland
- Eurovision contest at Gala
- Ward shake-up after complaints about grandmother's hospital treatment