TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- 'Council told me I had to pay for missing bin, but binman was caught on CCTV chucking it in back of truck'
- Dozens hike Roseberry Topping for terminally ill teen Kyran Richmond
- Funding paves the way for much-needed path repairs in Bishop Auckland
- Bishop Auckland FC's new pitch open thanks to £100,000 from late superfan and Premier League
- Video: Huge cannabis farm found in upmarket Bishop Auckland house was "ticking time bomb"
- Robot patients help guide youngsters into medical careers
- Missing Bishop Auckland family remembered as Gogglebox returns
- Reassurances given to residents stumped by trees ripped up from County Durham market town
- Girl, two, seriously injured after bus and van collide
- Police officer: Bishop Auckland cannabis operation "biggest grow" seen in time with force