TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Caravan damaged during break-in
- Bishop Auckland man hit on head in during attack in home
- Project aims to sow the seeds to healthy food
- Auckland Castle set for summer holiday activities
- Pupils celebrate road safety peer-to-peer education project
- Roman Fort comes alive with national festival
- Chilton set for Roman fun with annual gala
- Thief on the 'runs' after stealing rum mixed with laxative
- Man headbutted in Bishop Auckland road rage incident
- Drunken 999 nuisance caller jailed after 16 calls in one night