TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
Loading article content
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Auckland Castle’s new Pitmen and Prelates exhibition opened today
- Finishing touches being made to eagerly anticipated show
- Bishop Auckland College football match brings out competitive spirit
- Father-of-two apologises for fly tipping after being caught on Bishop Auckland CCTV
- Cage fighter shows softer side as he backs boy's dream holiday fund
- Take on the #KeepitupforEngland challenge and show your support for our heroes
- Deano's story of the horrors of war and the road to recovery is why everyone should #KeepitupforEngland to support our heroes
- Vast and varied shopping list to get Kynren- an epic tale of England ready
- 'Lucky' family rescued from burning building first-floor thank firefighters for saving their lives
- Unlicensed motorist led police on high-speed pursuit round estate with seven-month-old girl passenger