For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Miniature world of railways at Locomotion museum in Shildon
4:55pm Thursday 28th February 2013 in News
TRAIN fans can enjoy the miniature world of railways by visiting the latest exhibition at a North-East museum.
Locomotion: the National Railway Museum at Shildon is to host Model Motion – The World of Railways in Miniature.
The event will feature railway modellers from across the North-East and there will be a large number of model displays.
There will be trade stands and other displays including one by the North-East Meccano Society. Visitors can enjoy a short ride on a steam train at the museum during the weekend.
Members of the re- enactment groups 501st UK Garrison and the Rebel Legion UK will be at the event in costumes based on the Star Wars movies.
Model Motion is on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17. Doors open between 10am and 4pm and entry is free.
More Shildon News
- Drama students showcase Jamaica-inspired project
- 'I ain't takin' down no mural' - Sherburn barber risks fine for 'defacing' war memorial
- Progress on regional super council hailed by North-East business chief
- Stargazers asked to help out in North-East light pollution survey
- Man suffered fractured skull in fall from punch in New Year brawl
- Staff raise funds for Butterwick Hospice at Shildon store's tenth anniversary party
- Proving love lasts
- Air ambulance called after man is injured in Bishop Auckland step ladder fall
- Super-council for North-East set to be launched in April, Government says
- Traders hit back at claims they are to blame for poor working relationship with Shildon museum
Comments are closed on this article.