For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Beechdale Nursery School, Consett receives outstanding Ofsted
A NURSERY school in north Durham is celebrating after getting its second ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report in a row.
Beechdale Nursery School on Beechdale Road, in Consett, was visited by Government inspectors last month.
The report, published online today, (Friday, March 1) found the school was ‘outstanding’ in all categories, including the leadership and management, achievement of pupils, quality of teaching behaviour or pupils.
Lead inspector Moira Fitzpatrick said: “Outstanding teaching ensures that learning is always interesting, challenging and most important of all, that it is fun.
“Staff are highly skilled and know exactly when to offer support and when to step back and allow children to find out for themselves.
“Beechdale Nursery is a very special place, where the joy of learning is shared by children and staff alike.”
Alex Watson, chairman of the board of governors, said the glowing report, three years after the same result following the last inspection, was down to the teamwork and dedication of staff.
He said: “It is absolutely super. Everyone gets involved, including the parents, so we are very proud.”
More Durham News
- Overseas visits to North-East and North Yorkshire fell last year
- Flooding worry over Bowburn housing plan
- Catering students thanked for their efforts
- Full steam ahead for Clayport's railways week
- Celebrating 70 years of Finchale
- Student paid £250 for bottle of water - thinking it was an iPad and an iPhone
- Belmont family's heartbreak, two years on from fatal smash
- Looking for Lindisfarne Gospels volunteers
- Social dance
- Driver asked passenger to take blame for high speed crash
Comments are closed on this article.