A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- How the North-East and North Yorkshire voted in the EU referendum
- Farage declares June 23 'our independence day' after Leave victory
- JAILED: Sex offender given 23-year sentence for abuse of two young girls
- Live: Britain to leave the EU after historic vote - what now?
- David Cameron resigns after Brexit defeat
- Decision due on former care home
- On a momentous day for Britain and its place in the world we urge readers to put the North-East first
- Scheme to stop speeding drivers launched in Stanley
- Hospital order for arsonist who targeted homes in Stanley
- Heroin addict jailed for sneak burglary