A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Council votes to privatise services in shake-up of adult care in County Durham
- Durham County Cricket Club debts hit £7.5m, club report reveals
- Traffic alert: A1(M) reopens after earlier accident
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Traffic updates from the region's roads
- Funding appeal launched to save Stanley fireworks display after council rejects grant bid
- Lorry crash causes seven mile tailbacks on A19 during morning rush hour
- Sports Direct to hold independent review into working practices and corporate governance
- Website launched to help businesses
- Listed: The 405 DLI heroes who gave their lives 100 years ago today on the regiment's bloodiest day at the Somme
- 10,000 homes without power as thunderstorms batter region