A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- RSPCA appeal over apparent DIY dog 'operation' on allotments
- Aldi given go-ahead to open new 30-job store in Stanley
- Imogen is aiming to be top tumbler
- Can you help Stanley Police identify this woman after incident at Asda?
- Council advised to support Aldi plan
- Community remembers the region’s coalfield past
- Stanley: Steroid rage driver jailed for almost three years after mowing down girlfriend
- Boy’s headaches turned out to be brain tumour
- Stanley: Judge fulfils pledge to reformed ex-drunk and suspends prison sentence
- Stanley: Former care home to become a hotel