A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Sports cash for cricket club
- School placed in special measures
- Council education chiefs 'out to cause chaos' - MP
- Museum almost top of the pops
- Campaigning youngsters raising political awareness
- Do not adjust your spectacles...
- Private landlord scheme set to be extended
- Driver dies after minor collision
- Beamish strikes gold as it picks up another tourism award
- VIDEO: Shocking moment shopkeeper fights back as machete-wielding robber attacks