A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Victim identifies Annfield Plain burglar after finding him on Facebook
- Gun cops who bludgeoned injured deer to death with crowbar keep their jobs
- County Durham homelessness charity launches new housing scheme
- Stanley machete victim can not recall frenzied attack
- Child sex offender jailed after second conviction
- Assault charge against former world boxing champion Glenn McCrory dropped
- Aldi confirms it could open in Stanley
- Jury hears of "machete attack" on ex-girlfriend's new partner in Stanley
- Brain tissue donation will help develop a better understanding of dementia
- Police hope pedal-powered Bluetooth music shelter may solve anti-social behaviour