A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Burglary suspect wanted by police
- Young uninsured driver, from Stanley, tried to flee from police in chase which ended on country track near golf course
- Darlington has second highest proportion of under-performing secondary schools in country, figures reveal
- Pioneering change for town’s primary schools
- Weather pictures: Snow leads to accidents, road closures and schools shutting
- Weather: Blizzard conditions set to sweep into north bringing with it a 'real taste of winter'
- Beamish hits a milestone in visitor numbers
- Weather: Flood warning for North Sea coast, roof collapses, trees felled, house's gable end crashes down and cars damaged in strong winds
- Raising money for charity by recycling waste paper
- Stanley driver jailed after giving brother's details to police