A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Young soldiers ditch fatigues for fashion
- Stanley hosting international bowls contest
- Kevin Jones visit to North Durham Academy
- Suspect arrested after man and boy hit by car
- Award for Stanley restaurant
- Phoebe donates her hair for the second time
- People encouraged to vote to for Matthew
- Judge overturns granting of bail to accused multiple arsonist
- All systems go for historic brake van at Tanfield Railway
- UPDATED: Stanley arson suspect appears in court