A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Police project to work with young people
- Two children injured after being knocked down outside North Durham Academy
- Calls for lower speed limit outside North Durham Academy after two students are knocked over
- Woman convicted of bar room attack told jail sentence is on a "knife edge"
- Top wrestlers heading for Stanley school
- Hundred-year-old Hilda given VIP tour of home village
- Tanfield Lea man raises money for good causes in sponsored swims
- Three men arrested following crash in Stanley
- Studio of Pitman Painter preserved for posterity
- Olivia has hair cut to help little Charlotte