For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Bargains galore up for auction to boost Tantobie Cricket Club
A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Nurses try in vain to save life of man found unconscious in Dipton, near Stanley
- Workman's hat contributes to £30,000 fine for Northumbrian Water over sewage leaks
- Ladies' lunch date for Grumpy Old Women creator
- Man arrested on suspicion of bank robbery following morning raid by police
- Police release images of man wanted in connection with Stanley bank raid
- Group hopes rare mineral find could help protect valley against opencasting
- Northern Rock Foundation closure a 'massive blow for North-East charities'
- Advice for teenage jobseekers
- Landlord submits plans for new bungalows
- 'Bedroom tax' hitting region the hardest
Comments are closed on this article.