A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Train fares set to rise by average of more than two per cent from January
- Pictures: Stars of grassroots sport are celebrated at the 17th annual Local Heroes Awards
- Pitman poet inspires Stanley-based arts group The Forge and Tommy Armstrong Society to launch writing competition
- Donation will support autism charity's work with families
- Our hero, Amy Tinkler - North-East grassroots stars honoured during Local Heroes Awards 2016
- Stanley residents offered new electric blankets for old in wake of fire tragedy
- Local Heroes Awards 2016 as it happened
- Vegetarians and vegans 'disgusted' after discovering new £5 note contains animal fat
- Woman who failed to declare she was living with lorry-driving partner jailed for eight months for £47k six-year benefit fraud
- First Dates looking for singletons to appear on the show