A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Dangerous drivers caught on dashcam in near miss as police tell those involved 'drive safe, it's just not worth it'
- Community leaders call on bank to reconsider decision to close its branch in Annfield Plain
- Gatecrasher who threw dog muck at partygoers is jailed after wrench attack
- Relief funding for golf clubs
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Daniel Rainbow fundraiser at Stanley gallery
- Snowfall and bitterly cold winds across region... and it's almost May
- Snap up some fantastic prizes in the Winning Smile photo competition
- Got my Vardy selfie! - Special Olympics winners rub shoulders with stars at PFA Awards
- Pensioner hit in drive-by egg attack