A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Householders could see their childhood home become a museum piece
- Shocking video of car somersaulting after 97mph police pursuit with four-year-old boy in the back
- Headteacher charged with indecent assault against boy
- Hungry North-East families "pushed over the abyss" by cruel Government - claim
- Stanley serial burglar sentenced
- Abbie Christmas to everyone in Stanley
- "My dog sat on the accelerator", claims driver involved in high-speed police chase
- Awards for some of the North-East’s bravest youngsters
- Cash for crash driver from Stanley succeeds in overturning confiscation order
- Water way to raise money