A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Campaign for Tanfield Lea miners’ banner
- Annfield Plain Infants School celebrates 40th anniversary
- Historic music tour to complement antiques
- Anna has hair shaved off to help cancer victims
- Stanley food group reaches for the stars
- Police to call on Consett and Stanley off-licences to operate Challenge 25
- Edwardian one-man show for Beamish visitors
- Missing elderly Stanley man found
- Old photo found in fire guard
- Academy students raise thousands for teenage cancer charity