A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
Loading article content
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Unanimous approval for new hotel in Stanley
- Pet dog rescued after suspected arson attack
- Five-year animal ban for man after dog's untreated swellings burst
- Mining heritage celebrated at Beamish Museum
- Annfield Plain woman celebrates her 100th birthday
- Elderly couple watch live from their living room as home intruder sentenced in court
- Beamish Museum looking for construction manager to build 1950s town
- Community campaigns to give Alfie dream trip
- Motorists warned of potential delays during emergency work on gas main in Stanley
- Young woman found man's body in garden