For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Bargains galore up for auction to boost Tantobie Cricket Club
A PUBLIC auction takes place at the Commercial Hotel in Tantobie, near Stanley, on Saturday .
Bargains galore will go under the hammer from 7pm, with viewing available from 6pm. Entry is free, with all proceeds to go to Tantobie Cricket Club, which plays in the North-East Durham League.
Anyone wishing to donate an item for auction should ring (07746) 241138.
The auction was to have taken place last Saturday (February 23), but due to the heavy snowfalls in the area it was cancelled and re-arranged at short notice for this week.
CUCKOO BRIDGE: A walk taking in eight miles of rugged countryside of north-west Durham takes place on Friday (March 1). Voluntary countryside ranger Brian Page leads walkers from Allensford Picnic Area’s West car park, off the A68, north of Castleside, near Consett, at 10am. The route, described as ‘medium/long’, passes a number of landmarks, including Cuckoo Bridge and Ravens Crag, and is expected to take four-and-a-half hours to complete.
More Stanley News
- Sad death of County Durham diabetic who was saved by daughter, five, just weeks ago
- Tractors stolen in overnight burglary
- Royal visitor opens North Durham Academy, Stanley
- Guided walk to hark back to region's coal and rail industrial roots
- Stargazers asked to help out in North-East light pollution survey
- Royal Visitor to open academy school
- Alice celebrates her 105th birthday
- Consett punk event in memory of charity worker
- Nick draws on experience to entertain youngsters
- Help the North stake its claim to England's Hall of Fame
Comments are closed on this article.