For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Richmond Town Football Club celebrates successful year and expansion
A FOOTBALL club has secured £15,000 from a council community fund to improve facilities and playing opportunities.
Richmond Town FC was invited to an evening with Richmond Town Council on Saturday, February 16 to celebrate its previous successful year - bringing along its silverware.
Richmondshire District Council recently allocated the club £15,000 from a community fund to help with its expansion project.
Richmond Town councillor Russell Lord said: “The club helps school sport and has around 300 kids playing at the moment so it is a big part of the community.
“There are possibilities of new fields becoming available for the ever-expanding club to use – one has a barn with the possibility to convert into a building suitable for use – it is sounding positive.”
Club chairman Stephen Andrews said: “We want to say how grateful we are to Richmond Town Council and the Mayor for hosting the evening and for giving us the opportunity to celebrate with them.
The project will provide a secure playing, social and changing area for the football club, which now has 16 junior teams and three senior teams, all currently playing at a variety of venues in the town and surrounding villages.
A central venue will allowed a more focussed approach to coaching and playing for the younger teams, and facilities of a high specification for senior teams to compete at a higher level.
Mr Andrews added: “We are looking forward to continuing the success for the community project and we hope the wider community can share our success in the future.”
More Richmond & The Dales News
- Stitch up boosts Catterick Help for Heroes Centre
- Major boost to fund to help injured jockeys
- News from the North
- Family and friends erect memorial seat in honour of motorcyclist killed in crash
- Fundraising talk
- Sickness and diarrhoea outbreak investigated in Dales village
- Crackdown of illegal North-East fishing a success
- Athletes to race horses over 10km to raise funds for air ambulance
- Building Society customers invited to vote for favourite charity
- Well-known North Yorkshire camel dies
Comments are closed on this article.