Woman has liquid squirted in face and is threatened with knife in Newcastle home raid (From The Northern Echo)
For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Woman has liquid squirted in face and is threatened with knife in Newcastle home raid
A WOMAN had liquid squirted into her face and was threatened with a knife during an attack in Newcastle.
The incident happened around 5.25pm on Tuesday (February 26) when four men forced their way into a house at Royal Crescent in the Fenham area of the city.
"One of the men threatened the occupant with what is believed to be a knife and another squirted an unknown liquid at her," said a Northumbria Police spokeswoman.
"The men then left the house. The householder was shocked by the incident, but not injured."
Nothing was taken from the house.
Det Sgt David Johnson appealed for witnesses to come forward.
"At this stage we believe that all those involved in this incident are known to each other," he said.
Two women, aged 20 and 48, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are helping with inquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to the call the non emergency 101 number, ext 69191 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
More Crime News
- Three held after man found wandering streets dies a day after apparently taking drugs at Newcastle party
- Danger driver Ashley Lindo who killed eight-year-old in 2006 jailed again after high speed police chase
- Pub landlord arrested in Claudia Lawrence inquiry describes his family's devastation
- Campaign to target drivers' fatal distraction
- Echo publisher fined for naming alleged rape victim
- Police cadets get caught up with the law
- UPDATE: Man arrested after Claudia Lawrence detectives search York pub is released on bail
- Parents warned predatory paedophiles may use online gaming to contact children
- Police commissioner backs tougher penalties for using a phone at the wheel
- Police will use the crusher in their fight against illegal off-road bike riding
Comments are closed on this article.