A WOMAN had liquid squirted into her face and was threatened with a knife during an attack in Newcastle.
The incident happened around 5.25pm on Tuesday (February 26) when four men forced their way into a house at Royal Crescent in the Fenham area of the city.
"One of the men threatened the occupant with what is believed to be a knife and another squirted an unknown liquid at her," said a Northumbria Police spokeswoman.
Loading article content
"The men then left the house. The householder was shocked by the incident, but not injured."
Nothing was taken from the house.
Det Sgt David Johnson appealed for witnesses to come forward.
"At this stage we believe that all those involved in this incident are known to each other," he said.
Two women, aged 20 and 48, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are helping with inquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to the call the non emergency 101 number, ext 69191 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
More Crime News
- Two boys taken to hospital over fears they took unknown tablet near Darlington primary school
- Former Sunderland player Cabral cleared of raping woman
- Video shows police trip up alleged Darlington shoplifter - but force says it was appropriate
- Jail term cut for drug-crazed Darlington man who set fire to house then threw roof tiles at police
- Farmer's son jailed for illegal waste dumping spared £13k court costs order
- Brothers locked up for threatening to blind young mother with ammonia in row over £10 drug debt
- PCC elections: The candidates and their visions for the future of policing
- Police hunting man believed to have been brandishing gun in incident in Hartlepool
- Man accused of targeting isolated homes in £110k fraud
- Police release CCTV images of suspected North-East shoplifters