A COUPLE who engaged in an explicit sex act on a train in front of a teenage girl are being hunted by police.
The 16-year-old, who was travelling between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West railway stations on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31, was left extremely upset and distressed by the incident.
PC Tanya Rickard, of the British Transport Police, said: “The young girl, who was travelling alone, had boarded the 1.35pm Bishop Auckland to Saltburn service and sat opposite a man and woman who were already sat at a table.
“The couple began to engage in explicit sexual activity, which was witnessed by the girl.
“The girl, who has learning difficulties, was left extremely upset and distressed following the incident. Engaging in sexual activity such as this in a public place is an offence, and is totally unacceptable.”
The woman has been described as white, in her early thirties, with faded red dyed hair and wearing a grey velour type tracksuit. The man involved has been described as in his twenties, with a pointy nose and chin, and wearing a black ‘bomber’ style coat and a white baseball cap.
Pc Rickard added: “I’d ask anyone who may have been travelling on the service, or who may have any information regarding this incident, to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7/NEA of 20/02/2013.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Man arrested after police appeal over stabbing
- Raids uncover £10,000 worth of suspected fake luxury goods
- Man dies after police call at house in Sunderland following report of men with guns
- Acclaimed headteacher Anne Lakey in court accused of historic indecent assault of boy
- Christmas crackdown on shoplifters is netting thieves in Newcastle city centre
- Man attacked with knife in disused Hartlepool car park
- Man charged with murder of his parents in Newcastle
- Man found dead at house in Sunderland - 34-year-old arrested
- Bomb scare Darlington man who threatened to kill police walks free after "nightmare" on remand
- Man charged over alleged rape and sexual assault of teenagers in Sunderland park