A COUPLE who engaged in an explicit sex act on a train in front of a teenage girl are being hunted by police.
The 16-year-old, who was travelling between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West railway stations on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31, was left extremely upset and distressed by the incident.
PC Tanya Rickard, of the British Transport Police, said: “The young girl, who was travelling alone, had boarded the 1.35pm Bishop Auckland to Saltburn service and sat opposite a man and woman who were already sat at a table.
“The couple began to engage in explicit sexual activity, which was witnessed by the girl.
“The girl, who has learning difficulties, was left extremely upset and distressed following the incident. Engaging in sexual activity such as this in a public place is an offence, and is totally unacceptable.”
The woman has been described as white, in her early thirties, with faded red dyed hair and wearing a grey velour type tracksuit. The man involved has been described as in his twenties, with a pointy nose and chin, and wearing a black ‘bomber’ style coat and a white baseball cap.
Pc Rickard added: “I’d ask anyone who may have been travelling on the service, or who may have any information regarding this incident, to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7/NEA of 20/02/2013.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Six charged over 43 house burglaries worth 'tens of thousands'
- Man jailed over street violence in home village
- Police not always recording crime accurately, says official inspector
- Benefit fraud 'paid for home improvements'
- Vulnerable elderly man's home targeted by couple
- Grandfather accused of 1970s abuse of boy described as a "gentleman of good character"
- Six arrested in dawn drug raids across County Durham and Wearside
- Armed robber fled when store owner threw newspapers at him
- Teenager threatened with knife during Newton Aycliffe off licence robbery
- Suspended sentence for lorry driver who hit and killed Darlington cyclist