A COUPLE who engaged in an explicit sex act on a train in front of a teenage girl are being hunted by police.
The 16-year-old, who was travelling between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West railway stations on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31, was left extremely upset and distressed by the incident.
PC Tanya Rickard, of the British Transport Police, said: “The young girl, who was travelling alone, had boarded the 1.35pm Bishop Auckland to Saltburn service and sat opposite a man and woman who were already sat at a table.
Loading article content
“The couple began to engage in explicit sexual activity, which was witnessed by the girl.
“The girl, who has learning difficulties, was left extremely upset and distressed following the incident. Engaging in sexual activity such as this in a public place is an offence, and is totally unacceptable.”
The woman has been described as white, in her early thirties, with faded red dyed hair and wearing a grey velour type tracksuit. The man involved has been described as in his twenties, with a pointy nose and chin, and wearing a black ‘bomber’ style coat and a white baseball cap.
Pc Rickard added: “I’d ask anyone who may have been travelling on the service, or who may have any information regarding this incident, to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7/NEA of 20/02/2013.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Driver was stoned and four times over the legal drug-drive limit, court hears
- Police officer who stood in the path of 'reckless and chaotic' driver is praised for his bravery
- 'Someone could die' - Police warning as rock thrown through windscreen as car driving at 70mph
- Former County Durham man, living in Kent in recent years, jailed for 12 years for raping and indecently assaulting boy
- Firearms offender on way back to prison after week-long search
- Durham Police give update on efforts to tackle rural crime
- Volunteers sought for County Durham project tackling scammers
- Tougher laws sees drop in drivers using mobile phones on North-East roads
- London Terror Attack: North-East boxer tells of sleepless night after witnessing atrocity
- Seven arrested after raids throughout night following London terror attack that left four people dead and 29 injured