Couple hunted after performing sex act in front of teenage girl while travelling on train (From The Northern Echo)
For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Couple hunted after performing sex act in front of teenage while travelling on train between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West, near Eaglescliffe
A COUPLE who engaged in an explicit sex act on a train in front of a teenage girl are being hunted by police.
The 16-year-old, who was travelling between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West railway stations on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31, was left extremely upset and distressed by the incident.
PC Tanya Rickard, of the British Transport Police, said: “The young girl, who was travelling alone, had boarded the 1.35pm Bishop Auckland to Saltburn service and sat opposite a man and woman who were already sat at a table.
“The couple began to engage in explicit sexual activity, which was witnessed by the girl.
“The girl, who has learning difficulties, was left extremely upset and distressed following the incident. Engaging in sexual activity such as this in a public place is an offence, and is totally unacceptable.”
The woman has been described as white, in her early thirties, with faded red dyed hair and wearing a grey velour type tracksuit. The man involved has been described as in his twenties, with a pointy nose and chin, and wearing a black ‘bomber’ style coat and a white baseball cap.
Pc Rickard added: “I’d ask anyone who may have been travelling on the service, or who may have any information regarding this incident, to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7/NEA of 20/02/2013.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Victim of Raoul Moat was unlawfully killed, inquest rules
- Darlington man who took up drug dealing in his 40s is jailed for three years
- Arsonists target empty property in Hartlepool
- Police hunt burglars after Shildon garage break-ins
- Police appeal after vandal smashes car window in Shildon
- Drug dealer who peddled Class A drugs from home is jailed
- Cruel farmworker walks free despite breaching animal banning order
- Shakespeare fantasist removed from 'suicide watch' two weeks before killing himself
- Praise for air ambulance after man accidentally sets his head on fire
- Former footballer jailed after selling drugs to pay off gambling debts
Comments are closed on this article.