A COUPLE who engaged in an explicit sex act on a train in front of a teenage girl are being hunted by police.
The 16-year-old, who was travelling between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West railway stations on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31, was left extremely upset and distressed by the incident.
PC Tanya Rickard, of the British Transport Police, said: “The young girl, who was travelling alone, had boarded the 1.35pm Bishop Auckland to Saltburn service and sat opposite a man and woman who were already sat at a table.
Loading article content
“The couple began to engage in explicit sexual activity, which was witnessed by the girl.
“The girl, who has learning difficulties, was left extremely upset and distressed following the incident. Engaging in sexual activity such as this in a public place is an offence, and is totally unacceptable.”
The woman has been described as white, in her early thirties, with faded red dyed hair and wearing a grey velour type tracksuit. The man involved has been described as in his twenties, with a pointy nose and chin, and wearing a black ‘bomber’ style coat and a white baseball cap.
Pc Rickard added: “I’d ask anyone who may have been travelling on the service, or who may have any information regarding this incident, to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7/NEA of 20/02/2013.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Alan Bennett jailed for 32 years for frenzied knife attack murders of Lynne Freeman and Jodie Betteridge in Redcar
- Clergyman accepts hugging boy, but denies indecency claims
- Woman injured after disturbing burglar who broke into her home in broad daylight
- Suspected stolen vehicle crashes into wall after police chase - four arrested
- Church accused of 'cover up' in handling of complaints about 'inappropriate' behaviour of vicar
- Eleven arrests in string of drug raids across the region
- Two Crook men deny joint truck theft allegation
- Man in court over wish to change the colour of a river and prayer to god
- Man and woman charged with attempted robbery at Darlington corner shop
- Young churchgoer alleged to have been abused by clergyman thought 'that's what vicars do', court told