A COUPLE who engaged in an explicit sex act on a train in front of a teenage girl are being hunted by police.
The 16-year-old, who was travelling between Newton Aycliffe and Allens West railway stations on the afternoon of Thursday, January 31, was left extremely upset and distressed by the incident.
PC Tanya Rickard, of the British Transport Police, said: “The young girl, who was travelling alone, had boarded the 1.35pm Bishop Auckland to Saltburn service and sat opposite a man and woman who were already sat at a table.
Loading article content
“The couple began to engage in explicit sexual activity, which was witnessed by the girl.
“The girl, who has learning difficulties, was left extremely upset and distressed following the incident. Engaging in sexual activity such as this in a public place is an offence, and is totally unacceptable.”
The woman has been described as white, in her early thirties, with faded red dyed hair and wearing a grey velour type tracksuit. The man involved has been described as in his twenties, with a pointy nose and chin, and wearing a black ‘bomber’ style coat and a white baseball cap.
Pc Rickard added: “I’d ask anyone who may have been travelling on the service, or who may have any information regarding this incident, to contact us.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7/NEA of 20/02/2013.
Alternatively, information can be given to Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More Crime News
- Jail for brothers who "tortured" hedgehog and kicked it like a football
- Festive fear for criminals as police warn: ‘We’ll lock you up for Christmas’
- Pensioner, 84, killed following hit-and-run in Coulby Newham car park
- Latest member of tobacco smuggling ring is sentenced
- "Hello, 999? My strawberry has fallen on the floor"
- Consett area police crack down on speeding
- Appeal for information over house break-in
- Cocker Spaniel Dora and her five pups reunited with owner 'thanks to the Great British public!'
- Police issue CCTV images in hotel raid probe
- Judge tells £1m tobacco smuggling gang they are "ripping the heart" out of Treasury coffers