CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- BIKE THEFT: Veteran's daughter appeals for the return of stolen bike
- Not guilty: Scout leader from Darlington cleared of sexually assaulting boys
- Suggestion cop killer Harry Roberts carried out bank raid in Darlington in 1960s
- Appeal after girl, 11, followed home from school in Middlesbrough
- Look out for neighbours
- Police warning after daylight burglaries in Barnard Castle
- Woman said relative was put forward as "independent" witness to small claims hearing, as he was "professional"
- Man released on bail after dog walker savaged near Durham
- Police arrest man after fresh dog attack, just weeks after his own arm was ripped off
- Force silent on racism inquiry