CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Former bricklayer who was living on benefits duped council into selling him Windlestone Hall by claiming he was jet setting tycoon
- Six years jail for 'greedy eyes' fraudster who bought former Prime Minister's home
- Two men arrested after police pursuit through Teesside
- 'Girls should walk in pairs' - Cleveland Police accused of victim blaming following rape of teenager
- Sorry saga surrounding historic Windlestone Hall
- Driving ban for gardener
- Officers raid homes of suspected drug dealers after resident urges police to 'rid the neighbourhood of its problems'
- Three men deny 'joint enterprise' sexual assault on schoolgirl
- Man captured on CCTV buying £5,000 watch with stolen credit card
- Care home fined £1.6m over hypothermia death of resident, 91
Loading article content