CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO: Queen's guard and soldier friend walk free from court after stamping horror attack
- UPDATED: Man suffers head injury in Darlington assault
- Comment: How can soldiers involved in stamping horror attack be set free?
- Man cleared of attacking couple on cruise ship
- People withholding evidence that could solve Claudia Lawrence mystery, says family friend, as three more men arrested
- Man reported to have absconded from Teesside prison recaptured
- Man convicted of violence on the run from Teesside prison
- WATCH ARREST VIDEO: Cleveland Police officers to face disciplinary hearings over 'brutal' arrest caught on CCTV
- Man, 53, who knocked out two pensioners said he acted in self-defence after being threatened with a crutch
- Information sought on wrestlers by police investigating sex assault