CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Do you recognise these suspects caught on CCTV?
- Stockton paedophile who raped young girl jailed for 17 years
- 'I'll put your manhood in a box' - stalking trial is told of bizarre e-mail threats
- Man charged with dangerous driving after police chase reaches speeds of 120mph
- Bouncer cleared for punching drinker who threatened to 'stab them up' at Darlington's Boot and Shoe pub
- Worker at UPS depot admits stealing Pandora jewellery from parcels
- Soldier accused of murdering former girlfriend ‘spat in ex’s face in street’, court told
- CCTV appeal after toothbrush theft
- Man in court charged with murder of Craig Guy at The Beacon, Catterick Garrison
- Drivers have more chance of a crash in fine weather
Loading article content