CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Huge rise in child sex crime reports is 'encouraging' says Vera Baird
- Man charged with guesthouse murder
- Police examine current sheep worrying laws to see if they are effective
- Police release image of man with North-East accent after toddler is assaulted on train
- Hunt for firearms offender believed to be on run from police
- Man jailed for stealing collection box raising money for cancer battler Bradley Lowery
- Wanted: Can you help police trace these people?
- Increase in people abusing social media to harass others, say police
- Jail for Darlington thief who drove car at Marks & Spencer security guard in attempt to evade capture
- Man, 29, charged with causing death by dangerous driving after Brandon Morris, 16, killed during police pursuit
Loading article content