CASH SIEZED: An application by North Yorkshire Police to seize approximately £170,000, as part of investigations into a suspected fraud, was today granted by Northallerton Magistrates. The order, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, was granted for four months. The investigation began following the discovery of a large amount of money discovered in a safe, which was unaccounted for during the course of normal business at Betfred Bookmakers in Bootham, York. The owners of the company are working with police in the investigation. A 47-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, February 20, but nobody has yet been charged in connection with the inquiry.
More Crime News
- Man and woman charged with attempted robbery at Darlington corner shop
- Young churchgoer alleged to have been abused by clergyman thought 'that's what vicars do', court told
- Police commissioner calls on residents to help draft strategic plan for Cleveland
- Former Archdeacon of Auckland Granville Gibson denies sexually abusing boys and young men
- Do you recognise this woman suspected of Home Bargains theft?
- Two pet dogs killed in arson attack in Middlesbrough
- Ron Hogg announces his Police and Crime Plan following re-election
- Man set on fire in homophobic hate attack in Stockton
- Cleveland Fire Brigade launch summer clampdown to tackle arson attacks
- Durham appoints first female chief officer in force history
Loading article content