AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
Loading article content
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Mystery over serious police incident in York
- Former Archdeacon of Auckland Granville Gibson tells trial he wrapped legs around alleged abuse victim
- Two charged with manslaughter and robbery after man collapses and dies in police station
- Alan Bennett jailed for 32 years for frenzied knife attack murders of Lynne Freeman and Jodie Betteridge in Redcar
- Clergyman accepts hugging boy, but denies indecency claims
- Woman injured after disturbing burglar who broke into her home in broad daylight
- Suspected stolen vehicle crashes into wall after police chase - four arrested
- Church accused of 'cover up' in handling of complaints about 'inappropriate' behaviour of vicar
- Eleven arrests in string of drug raids across the region
- Two Crook men deny joint truck theft allegation