For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Hotels put on alert for wanted man
1:12pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Society should not be afraid to address "worrying trend" of Asian grooming crimes, senior police officer says
- How men lured vulnerable girls into dangerous world
- Detective issues social networks warning after three men are convicted of grooming girls
- Former teacher jailed for admitting child sex offences
- Former town council chairman told police there is "no truth whatsoever" in sex assault claims
- Appeal to trace youth suspected of throwing brick at a van travelling on the A66 near Redcar
- Taxi driver convicted of child sex offences is facing jail
- Fire officer facing jail for sex attacks
- Man sent explicit text and voicemail messages to ex-girlfriend's mother
- Darlington man charged with wounding with intent
Comments are closed on this article.