AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Force reveals violent past of 26 people in first six months of Clare's Law
- Man stabbed in leg with screwdriver
- My guilt over hammer attack rapist, by ex-wife who did not report beatings
- Indefinite term for Teesside lonely hearts slasher
- Man in street golf club attack
- Police name stab death victim as Uriel Moskwa
- Three hospitalised after car fails to stop for police in County Durham, crosses A19 and collides with two others
- Police appeal following aggravated burglary in Sunderland
- Court hears how undercover police cracked three drugs rings
- Former boarding school housemaster denies child sex attacks