AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
Loading article content
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Driver pursued by police for 10 miles on just 3 wheels
- Claudia Lawrence mystery - double killer Christopher Halliwell linked to disappearance
- Victims' relief as former school caretaker Peter Ryal jailed for child sex crimes
- Pensioner found with facial injuries on grassed area in Middlesbrough
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Armed bank robbers captured on CCTV during terrifying raid on Horden bank as brave officer gives chase
- Prison officer jailed over lesbian affair with inmate at HMP Low Newton
- Five in court over alleged conspiracy to supply heroin in County Durham
- Three arrested after lunchtime brawl in city centre
- Man taunted by photo of girlfriend and love rival ended up in street fight bloodbath
- Man, 28, arrested after 15-year-old girl raped on Stockton cycle path