AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Motorists who cause deaths by using mobile phones targeted by police in Durham and Cleveland
- Reward for information after masked men tie up elderly couple before robbing them
- Stockton man admits stalking a musician he met on dating website
- Burglar accused of setting fire to disabled woman's home to cover up crime is cleared of causing her death
- Violent and sexual crime rises down to "growing confidence in police", bosses say
- Police appeal for information to trace car used in Middlesbrough jewellers raid
- Court told of TV weatherman Fred Talbot's 'boundless energy' and 'extrovert personality' during alleged abuse trial
- Man injured in Sunderland jewellery robbery
- Man assaulted after snowball attack
- Chance to shape the future of policing in Cleveland