For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Hotels put on alert for wanted man
1:12pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Victim of Raoul Moat was unlawfully killed, inquest rules
- Darlington man who took up drug dealing in his 40s is jailed for three years
- Arsonists target empty property in Hartlepool
- Police hunt burglars after Shildon garage break-ins
- Police appeal after vandal smashes car window in Shildon
- Drug dealer who peddled Class A drugs from home is jailed
- Cruel farmworker walks free despite breaching animal banning order
- Shakespeare fantasist removed from 'suicide watch' two weeks before killing himself
- Praise for air ambulance after man accidentally sets his head on fire
- Former footballer jailed after selling drugs to pay off gambling debts
Comments are closed on this article.