AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Hunt for robber who targeted cash delivery van
- Man hurt in disturbance
- Six charged over 43 house burglaries worth 'tens of thousands'
- Man jailed over street violence in home village
- Police not always recording crime accurately, says official inspector
- Benefit fraud 'paid for home improvements'
- Vulnerable elderly man's home targeted by couple
- Grandfather accused of 1970s abuse of boy described as a "gentleman of good character"
- Six arrested in dawn drug raids across County Durham and Wearside
- Armed robber fled when store owner threw newspapers at him