AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
Loading article content
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Police officer: Bishop Auckland cannabis operation "biggest grow" seen in time with force
- North Yorkshire Police ‘diligence’ earns force highest drug driving conviction rate
- Crime commissioner welcomes moves to scrap legal aid time limit
- Region has most drug-driver convictions
- Lessons in how to spot a scam
- Con-woman posed as TV psychic Sally Morgan to get cash from vulnerable people who wanted to contact loved ones
- Man wanted for failing to appear at court for suspected driving offences is arrested by traffic officers
- Eye expert adds his voice to laser pen condemnation
- Teenage boy found guilty of raping two girls
- Five boys jailed for vicious mugging in city-centre car park