For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Hotels put on alert for wanted man
1:12pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Five years in prison for pair who blackmailed Pickering man who went on to take own life
- Football matches, rugby games and free food - the benefits of being at the top of Cleveland Police
- Close links between heating firm and jailed former chairman of Cleveland Police Authority revealed in Operation Sacristy investigation
- Police hunt gold-toothed Wayne Land after he fled Kirklevington Prison, Yarm
- Trip to watch detective play came out of the taxpayers' pocket
- Police appeal after raid at East Cowton
- Heroin addict stole priceless jewellery
- Two Northumbria Police officers suspended following Nile Ranger rape inquiry
- Man killed in violent sex session had never asked to be hurt in past, former boyfriend tells court
- 'Do you know who I am?' rant of drunken Cleveland Police officer
Comments are closed on this article.