APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Cash taken in petrol station robbery in Crook
- Village pub brought back to life
- Trio run 21km extreme obstacle course for charity
- New York opera singer to headline Tow Law
- Efforts of volunteers recognised at awards night
- Obstacle course set to challenge County
- Community catches car thieves
- School reconsiders Ghanaian teacher visit after parents raise concerns over Ebola
- Tow Law FC to host major pool competition
- Crook curry house named best in the North-East for second year running