For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Plans to build eleven affordable homes in Willington given the green light
APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Teen would have beaten man on head with a brick, court hears
- Councils spent £500,000 hosting Olympic Torch relay
- Households cut off after bridge collapses due to heavy rain
- Jewellery and laptops stolen from house
- Luncheon club and pool competition
- Find out about foster care in County Durham
- Fishburn couple flooded for the third time after heavy rain hits the North-East
- Macmillan Cancer Support seeks supermarket collection volunteers
- Restaurants invited to showcase their local food menus in County Durham
- Engineering boss faces prospect of jail following conviction of manslaughter of worker