APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Council completely ignores us say objectors, as major inquiry begins
- New restaurant proving a hit in Crook
- Medal for Crook veteran
- Body found in River Wear near Willington
- Fun day inspired by Wolsingham baby
- Black Bull fundraiser
- Proud headteacher settles into new home after his defiant stand
- Council slams 999 plans
- From the Woolpack to Weardale for pub owners
- Don Robson says his final farewell to the care home he didn't want to leave