APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Loading article content
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Wildlife trust hopes to inspire teenagers with events
- Crook teen elected young police, crime and victims’ commissioner for County Durham and Darlington
- Consultation over plans to move Wolsingham Post Office
- Stunning images of region’s mining heritage
- Traffic alert: A1(M) reopens after earlier accident
- Sheep shown off in bid for top titles at end of season show in County Durham
- Rowers’ inspiring words to talented pupils
- Crook gets ready for arts event
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Traffic updates from the region's roads
- Lorry crash causes seven mile tailbacks on A19 during morning rush hour