APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Pair to stand trial over spate of thefts from vehicles and garage break-ins
- School pupils complete virtual Coast to Coast
- Children's home opens in Crook
- Tributes to Weardale fruit and veg lady
- Pioneering job club returns after successful first year
- Dale police team on the move
- Unmasked: Paedophile who worked in schools across region as children's counsellor
- County Durham man jailed for raping woman he met on Facebook
- New High Sheriff takes up "ancient and honourable office".
- Memorial fund launched to get defibrillators in Weardale