APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Loading article content
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Free course helps spread joy of cooking together
- Fears for Weardale trail after vehicle ban quashed
- Willington youngsters help improve town
- Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries following crash on A690
- WATCH: Hard-hitting video shows shocking footage of people trespassing on railway tracks
- A66 reopens after accident involving lorry and car
- Crook family forced to flee home after smouldering object posted through letterbox
- Willington girl encourages fellow teens to stay connected to beat loneliness this summer
- Weardale farm on the move to Beamish Museum
- Two men charged after being caught driving stolen wagon in Weardale