APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- 'Commercial' cannabis operation lands two men behind bars
- Village museum celebrates 30th anniversary
- Tickets on sale for Crook music festival
- Electric bike network expands across the Durham Dales
- Hunger Games themed event
- Eight year jail sentence for knifeman who repeatedly stabbed "trapped" victim
- Man convicted in absence re-arrested on warrant after a week at large
- Woman meets The Queen to celebrate 50th anniversary of trust which allowed her to study abroad
- Researchers urge further exploration of former cement works site
- North Bitchburn residents demand action against speeding cars