For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Plans to build eleven affordable homes in Willington given the green light
APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Free Metafit workout sessions
- Cold callers not welcome in Ouston neighbourhood
- Improvement to social housing across County Durham moves step closer
- Bikes and lawn mower stolen from shed in Crook
- Affordable homes being recommended for approval in Stanhope
- Mining museum to teach spoon carving and blacksmith skills
- Young drink driver damaged three police vehicles at wheel of father's car
- Asbestos tiles thrown into the air as fire guts Tow Law building
- Charity fundraiser plans year of events to boost Cancer Research UK
- Youngsters to learn how to cook with Love Food course
Comments are closed on this article.