APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Loading article content
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Crook ramblers organise spring and summer coach trips
- Joyce and Cuthbert from Tow Law celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- Drink driver crashed into Weardale pub
- Willington lunch club serves up food and friendship
- Your Pictures: Heavy snowfall hits region causing disruption on roads
- Recipe book raises funds for Weardale hospital
- Crook English as a foreign language teacher on a mission to empower refugees in Greece
- Man in court over alleged involvement in Willington robbery
- Prolific offender jailed after latest string of thefts, burglary and assault in Chester-le-Street, Durham and Crook
- Arsonist targets Frosterley play area