APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Gold award for green school
- Fly-tipping campaign hailed a success
- Police appeal after several cars are broken into overnight
- School pupil gearing up for competition in London's Olympic pool
- Pupils enjoy getting fit with Bilbo Baggins
- Council scraps exercise referral scheme
- Man previously jailed for child abuse images found with new collection within years of release
- Comic musicians set for Hamsterley performance
- Gym leads the way with latest fitness equipment
- New recruits wanted for Royal British Legion