APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Loading article content
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- $3million Polar Express lawsuit casts shadow over Weardale Railway
- Drive a historic locomotive for a fiver this Bank Holiday weekend
- Museum seeks perfect pooches for first dog show
- Ozzy Osbourne and Bon Jovi tributes set to rock market town this weekend
- Anti-Semitism allegations lead to suspension of Labour Party council election candidate
- Century-old angling club out to hook new members
- Horseriders get dressed up for charity event in Forest
- Ban for owner who caused life-long injury to tabby cat while 'high'
- Tuned up - Listen to the mighty pipe organ that is all set for summer concerts after revamp
- Riders battle it out in national competition