APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- £500 film wins horror award at top festival
- Residents object to plans to build 220 homes across two sites in Willington area
- Thousands celebrate country life in Bowes and Stanhope
- Man charged with murder in Willington as police name victim
- Residents speak of shock after man's body found in Willington
- Council chairman's 'clothing allowance' scrapped - but has change gone far enough?
- Durham Dales provide scenic backdrop for Shakespearean classic
- Garden has French vibe
- Sign up for paid-for garden waste collections
- Ambulance plans get a hostile reception