APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Willington youngsters help spruce up their community for spring
- All aboard The Polar Express
- Nominations invited for the Chairman's Medal which recognises outstanding achievement in County Durham
- Seven decades with Crook Mothers' Union
- School and police join forces to tackle speeding
- Roddymoor man appears at court charged with sex offences
- Crook teachers donate hair to cancer support charity
- Children given special festive treat
- Sports coach delighted to set up new children's football team
- TRACER: Darlington man appeals for help to find long-lost daughter