APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- TRACER: Darlington man appeals for help to find long-lost daughter
- Residents accuse housing developers of not cleaning up after themselves
- Councils under pressure over Living Wage
- Sports apprentices a success in Weardale
- Community award for youngster who donated 14" of her hair to a cancer support charity
- Council consultation about enforcement
- All aboard for The Polar Express
- Suspended prison sentence for man who intervened in Willington pub dispute
- Council urged to invest care home sale proceeds in local communities
- School presentation evening celebrates successful pupils