APPROVAL has been given for 11 new affordable homes in Willington, near Crook.
At a meeting in Spennymoor yesterday (Thursday, February 21), Durham County Council’s planning committee backed plans to build a mixture of two, three and four bedroom properties and 25 car parking spaces on land next to Dellside House in Low Willington.
Swale Valley Construction submitted the plans and intends to transfer the properties to Prince Bishop Homes for affordable housing.
Dellside House, a disused care home, will remain unchanged but Swale Valley Construction has indicated it may apply to demolish the building and create more housing in the future.
More Crook & Weardale News
- Bus passenger could help solve teenage death mystery
- Drivers fined during flytipping crackdown
- Four-year-old leukemia sufferer delivers presents to children in hospital
- Polar Express train ride makes emergency stop after 'dancing chef' collapses
- Council backs 20mph limit for 33 schools
- Army engineer will lose his job after losing his driving license, court told
- Sports enthusiast pens first book about County's football glory days
- £1.3m housing scheme launched in the County
- Business owner hits out at council for 'unfair' fees
- Youngsters get into Christmas spirit with school competition