YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Loading article content
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- A66 reopens after accident involving lorry and car
- A690 reopened after two-car crash in early hours
- Residents of Craghead street rally together for fundraising party
- Events to mark 50th anniversary of Mountsett Crematorium
- No kid gloves for fighting French sisters
- Davros actor at geek convention this weekend
- Sainsbury's and Tesco recall tinned products over fears they contain rubber
- Call for rival school plans in Stanley to be placed on ice
- School’s expert advice from children’s author
- Stanley pensioner jailed after attacking man with walking stick