YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Hillary Clinton: From North-East mining stock to American presidential candidate
- Buildings praised at Renaissance Awards
- Pub reopens in Stanley after facelift
- Eating Out: The Causey Arch Inn
- Design a way to save lives in one punch poster contest
- Minors' gala parade at Beamish Museum
- Biker badly hurt in crash with pensioner's car
- Stanley crash victims kept in overnight
- Youth admits trying to mug carer of handbag on her evening round
- Judges visit school woodland garden