YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Campaign for Tanfield Lea miners’ banner
- Annfield Plain Infants School celebrates 40th anniversary
- Historic music tour to complement antiques
- Anna has hair shaved off to help cancer victims
- Stanley food group reaches for the stars
- Police to call on Consett and Stanley off-licences to operate Challenge 25
- Edwardian one-man show for Beamish visitors
- Missing elderly Stanley man found
- Old photo found in fire guard
- Academy students raise thousands for teenage cancer charity