For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Music star Joe McElderry visits young carers at Beamish Hall Hotel
12:13pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Age Concern launches scheme to ensure older people eat properly
- Overseas visits to North-East and North Yorkshire fell last year
- Football club hit by repeated vandal attacks
- Police probe assault in former pit village
- Find out about foster care in County Durham
- Fishburn couple flooded for the third time after heavy rain hits the North-East
- Woodland will fund hospice rebuilding plans
- Man jailed for affray after relationship split
- Macmillan Cancer Support seeks supermarket collection volunteers
- Three arrests after man injured in suspected assault
Comments are closed on this article.