YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Loading article content
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- How the North-East and North Yorkshire voted in the EU referendum
- Farage declares June 23 'our independence day' after Leave victory
- Sex offender given 23-year sentence for abuse of two young girls
- Live: Britain to leave the EU after historic vote - what now?
- David Cameron resigns after Brexit defeat
- Decision due on former care home
- On a momentous day for Britain and its place in the world we urge readers to put the North-East first
- Scheme to stop speeding drivers launched in Stanley
- Hospital order for arsonist who targeted homes in Stanley
- Heroin addict jailed for sneak burglary