YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- "My dog sat on the accelerator", claims driver involved in high-speed police chase
- Abbie Christmas to everyone in Stanley
- Awards for some of the North-East’s bravest youngsters
- Cash for crash driver from Stanley succeeds in overturning confiscation order
- Water way to raise money
- Gently does it as TV detective helps police bury a time capsule
- Abbie is bringing Christmas to Stanley
- Don’t be a Scrooge this Christmas
- Sports cash for cricket club
- School placed in special measures