For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Music star Joe McElderry visits young carers at Beamish Hall Hotel
Updated 2:32pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Event to remember WW1 sacrifice in Stanley
- Trial date agreed for sex offender accused of breaching terms of order
- Celebrity chef John Torode pays visit to Stanley community lunch club
- Police investigate attack on horse with rake in West Kyo
- Memorial bid for tragic WW2 airmen
- Bike stolen outside chip shop
- Villagers offered advice to look after their dogs
- Headteacher to face retrial on child sex allegations
- Closure-threatened bowls clubs were promised £350k
- Teenager and three adults accused of conspiring to dispose of evidence relating to murder of Stanley father-of-two
Comments are closed on this article.