YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Loading article content
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Stanley to stage its first hard rock festival
- Determined teen walks her way into new career
- A-level results day 2016 in the North-East and North Yorkshire
- Man spared jail after taking judge's advise and curbing problem drinking
- Beer and bands at steam railway event this weekend
- Residential project set to benefit community
- Sunday Suspects: Do you recognise any of these people?
- Stanley man appears in court charged with attempted murder following alleged stabbing of woman
- Arrest made after woman stabbed in Stanley early today
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after two-storey fall in Stanley