YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Firm gives new kit to football team
- New look for community centre
- Man jailed for bottle attack on girl, nine
- Six arrested in dawn drug raids across County Durham and Wearside
- Stairs destroyed during house fire
- Auction of old school could help regenerate town centre
- Music festival hailed a hit
- Fun day in aid of air ambulance
- Sports day to be held in aftermath of bus crash
- Student gets A grade despite bus crash trauma