YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Lunch club launched in Tanfield Lea Community Centre
- Yob threw missile at family car
- Young soldiers ditch fatigues for fashion
- Stanley hosting international bowls contest
- Kevin Jones visit to North Durham Academy
- Suspect arrested after man and boy hit by car
- Award for Stanley restaurant
- Phoebe donates her hair for the second time
- People encouraged to vote to for Matthew
- Judge overturns granting of bail to accused multiple arsonist