YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Stanley man who doused wife in petrol and threw lit matches at her is jailed
- Acclaimed headteacher Anne Lakey in court accused of historic indecent assault of boy
- Householders could see their childhood home become a museum piece
- Shocking video of car somersaulting after 97mph police pursuit with four-year-old boy in the back
- Headteacher charged with indecent assault against boy
- Hungry North-East families "pushed over the abyss" by cruel Government - claim
- Stanley serial burglar sentenced
- Abbie Christmas to everyone in Stanley
- "My dog sat on the accelerator", claims driver involved in high-speed police chase
- Awards for some of the North-East’s bravest youngsters