YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Treats on the street for young customers donning Hallowe'en theme outfits
- Residents fighting to save community centre from closure
- School bus driver sacked by company
- Board school sold for £150,000
- School bus driver sacked for having alcohol in system on trip to France
- Concert honours late brass star
- Man trapped in burning kichen is rescued by firefighters
- School coach driver detained in France released without charge
- Supermarket refuses to sell plastic pumpkin carving kit to woman because she looked too young
- Danger driver who struck police officer jailed for three years