YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Loading article content
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Can you help Stanley Police identify this woman after incident at Asda?
- Council advised to support Aldi plan
- Community remembers the region’s coalfield past
- Stanley: Steroid rage driver jailed for almost three years after mowing down girlfriend
- Boy’s headaches turned out to be brain tumour
- Stanley: Judge fulfils pledge to reformed ex-drunk and suspends prison sentence
- Stanley: Former care home to become a hotel
- Relive the golden age of the train
- Pictures: Love Your Pet competition entries flood in with a professional pet photoshoot and hamper from The Designer Dog Company up for grabs
- School's success robot-building competition