YOUNG carers had a special visitor during an activity day held to give them a break.
The Bridge supports young carers with their demanding role and provides respite activities to ease their burden. The youngsters enjoyed dance and craft classes, circus skills, shelter building and nail art.
Loading article content
Mr McElderry was recently appointed ambassador for The Bridge.
A project spokesman said: “The children listen to McElderry’s music as part of their sessions so the strong association they had made the day even more memorable and left the young carers talking about their surprise visitor all the way home on the bus.”
More Stanley News
- Gatecrasher who threw dog muck at partygoers is jailed after wrench attack
- Relief funding for golf clubs
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Daniel Rainbow fundraiser at Stanley gallery
- Snowfall and bitterly cold winds across region... and it's almost May
- Snap up some fantastic prizes in the Winning Smile photo competition
- Got my Vardy selfie! - Special Olympics winners rub shoulders with stars at PFA Awards
- Pensioner hit in drive-by egg attack
- Cycle ride to be free for families
- Moves to make council services more accessible in Stanley welcomed