For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Silver anniversary year
A DANCE school is fox-trotting towards its 25th anniversary having just enjoyed one of its most successful years.
The Applegarth Academy of Dance was founded by Ann Haining, then called Applegarth, in West Cornforth in March 1988.
Having enjoyed dancing when she was younger her passion had been reignited when she took daughters, Kimberley and Kathryn (cor), for lessons and she decided to start teaching.
Now all three of them are qualified dance instructors and their school teaches around 200 people a week at classes in West Cornforth, Coxhoe, Murton and Catterick.
The highlight of every year for the school is its annual Christmas performance and Mrs Haining said this year’s may be a special silver anniversary show. She said: “I’m so incredibly proud of how the dance school has developed, it started small and has just got bigger and bigger.
“I’m proud of the girls and our dancers who had a really successful year.”
Among its successes were 42 winner’s trophies, including seven medallist of the year titles, from the Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association competition and it returned from IDTA (international dance teachers association) nationwide events with a mountain of prizes.
Kathryn Applegarth added: “Current pupils and ex pupils keep your ears open as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and a party that you are all invited to.”
Information can be found on Facebook by searching for the Applegarth Academy of Dance.
More Catterick News
- Parishioners begging vicars for food - Bishop of Durham
- Victims get chance to improve their treatment
- 463% rise in North-East foodbank users in just 12 months
- 'Amazing, appalling, shocking' - the reality of Foodbank Britain
- New super-diocese will be the biggest in the country
- Soldier crashed car into fence as police vehicle followed
- Death crash trucker was suffering from sleep apnoea, court hears
- Region's Hindus gather for Gurkha Temple ceremony
- Lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel prior to fatal A1 accident, jury told
- North Yorkshire Police to be investigated by IPCC over way it dealt with Jimmy Savile child abuse allegations
Comments are closed on this article.