A DANCE school is fox-trotting towards its 25th anniversary having just enjoyed one of its most successful years.
The Applegarth Academy of Dance was founded by Ann Haining, then called Applegarth, in West Cornforth in March 1988.
Having enjoyed dancing when she was younger her passion had been reignited when she took daughters, Kimberley and Kathryn (cor), for lessons and she decided to start teaching.
Loading article content
Now all three of them are qualified dance instructors and their school teaches around 200 people a week at classes in West Cornforth, Coxhoe, Murton and Catterick.
The highlight of every year for the school is its annual Christmas performance and Mrs Haining said this year’s may be a special silver anniversary show. She said: “I’m so incredibly proud of how the dance school has developed, it started small and has just got bigger and bigger.
“I’m proud of the girls and our dancers who had a really successful year.”
Among its successes were 42 winner’s trophies, including seven medallist of the year titles, from the Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association competition and it returned from IDTA (international dance teachers association) nationwide events with a mountain of prizes.
Kathryn Applegarth added: “Current pupils and ex pupils keep your ears open as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and a party that you are all invited to.”
Information can be found on Facebook by searching for the Applegarth Academy of Dance.
More Catterick News
- Ever wanted to be a firefighter? Durham and Darlington fire service launch new apprenticeships
- Thursday, October 20: Incidents on the region's roads
- Rural churches may be allowed to opt out of weekly Sunday services
- Veterans' cookery competition returns for second year
- Congestion on A1 near Catterick following incident
- Baby Caleb comes home after more than a year of his life in hospital
- Last chance to nominate a star of grassroots sport for The Northern Echo Local Heroes Awards
- Man arrested after reports of event and concert ticket fraud on social media
- Gurkhas expansion sparks calls to help Nepalese community
- Unit gets back armoured role