For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Silver anniversary year
A DANCE school is fox-trotting towards its 25th anniversary having just enjoyed one of its most successful years.
The Applegarth Academy of Dance was founded by Ann Haining, then called Applegarth, in West Cornforth in March 1988.
Having enjoyed dancing when she was younger her passion had been reignited when she took daughters, Kimberley and Kathryn (cor), for lessons and she decided to start teaching.
Now all three of them are qualified dance instructors and their school teaches around 200 people a week at classes in West Cornforth, Coxhoe, Murton and Catterick.
The highlight of every year for the school is its annual Christmas performance and Mrs Haining said this year’s may be a special silver anniversary show. She said: “I’m so incredibly proud of how the dance school has developed, it started small and has just got bigger and bigger.
“I’m proud of the girls and our dancers who had a really successful year.”
Among its successes were 42 winner’s trophies, including seven medallist of the year titles, from the Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association competition and it returned from IDTA (international dance teachers association) nationwide events with a mountain of prizes.
Kathryn Applegarth added: “Current pupils and ex pupils keep your ears open as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and a party that you are all invited to.”
Information can be found on Facebook by searching for the Applegarth Academy of Dance.
More Catterick News
- Help For Heroes fundraisers charged 50 per cent extra to use MoD land
- Bid to help those hit by benefit changes
- Residents pack public meeting as efforts to stop village becoming a rat run continue
- New twist to old classics puts domestic abuse in the spotlight
- Payments to struggling farmers must not be cut, warns North Yorkshire MP
- Former care home manager sacked from job as trainer
- Police hoping Crimewatch appeal will bear fruit after name is given for suspect
- Youngsters help promote recycling
- Chance to quiz North Yorkshire police chief
- New website for youngsters
Comments are closed on this article.