A DANCE school is fox-trotting towards its 25th anniversary having just enjoyed one of its most successful years.
The Applegarth Academy of Dance was founded by Ann Haining, then called Applegarth, in West Cornforth in March 1988.
Having enjoyed dancing when she was younger her passion had been reignited when she took daughters, Kimberley and Kathryn (cor), for lessons and she decided to start teaching.
Now all three of them are qualified dance instructors and their school teaches around 200 people a week at classes in West Cornforth, Coxhoe, Murton and Catterick.
The highlight of every year for the school is its annual Christmas performance and Mrs Haining said this year’s may be a special silver anniversary show. She said: “I’m so incredibly proud of how the dance school has developed, it started small and has just got bigger and bigger.
“I’m proud of the girls and our dancers who had a really successful year.”
Among its successes were 42 winner’s trophies, including seven medallist of the year titles, from the Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association competition and it returned from IDTA (international dance teachers association) nationwide events with a mountain of prizes.
Kathryn Applegarth added: “Current pupils and ex pupils keep your ears open as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and a party that you are all invited to.”
Information can be found on Facebook by searching for the Applegarth Academy of Dance.
More Catterick News
- Gurkhas are determined to prove their toughness
- Take part in an activity beginning with 'H' for Phoenix Houses' H for Heroes Day
- Veterans prepare for charity pro-am golf tournament
- Expert passes on his green-fingered skills
- Phoenix House recovery centre veterans to take part in prestigious Invictus Games
- Public challenged to tackle Parachute Regiment gruelling selection test
- 999 drama after house 'struck by lightning'
- Councillor raises more than £22,000 for soldiers' charity
- Help for Heroes calling for intern to help prepare for fundraising ball
- Information screen planned for nature reserve