A FREE bus service for students at Bishop Auckland College will continue next year.
The service runs on a variety of routes every weekday during term time, with places served including Barnard Castle, Stanhope, Wolsingham, Crook, Stanley, Newton Aycliffe, Spennymoor, Darlington and Shildon.
There is an option for pick-up points can be added, depending on location.
Loading article content
Students arrive at the college’s main campus by 8.50am and leave at 5.15pm.
As well as the free transport, other benefits for full time students aged 16 to 19 include an allowance of up to £500, free gym membership, free hair and beauty treatments, free printing and help with essential course items.
The college, which has just been named among the top 25 per cent in the country for student success rates, is holding an open event on Tuesday, March 5, from 5.30pm to 7.30pm at the Woodhouse campus.
For more information about the free bus service visit bacoll.ac.uk/school-leavers/free-bus-service.html Alternatively, for course details call 01388-443000.
More Education News
More Transport News
- Will your journey be stress free? Find out where the roadworks are in your area
- Wave of Land Rover Defender thefts in North Yorkshire and North-East sparks security appeal
- A66 resurfacing work, near Smallways, starts on Monday
- Pothole 'action fund' will fill in 58,000 holes in the North-East
- New bus timetables in North Yorkshire as council subsidies reduced
- Number of speed camera vans in North Yorkshire to be doubled
- £553,000,000 - the figure required to repair North-East's uneven and potholed roads
- Minister's visit sparks fresh plan to tackle Sutton Bank gridlock
- Calls to axe proposed blue badge parking charges as campaigners reveal the disabled could pay triple to park in Darlington
- Repairs to bridge over A19 to be carried out on Monday and Tuesday nights