FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Victim's anger after attacker walks free from court after unprovoked drunken assault
- Coxhoe teen makes it to next stage of X-Factor
- Plans for ‘dream house’ rejected
- First aid for babies to be taught in County Durham
- Virgin East Coast workers to stage 24-hour strike on October 3
- University students seeking higher marks warned to steer clear of 'smart drugs'
- Durham primary school upgrades playground equipment
- Traffic alert: A1(M) reopens after earlier accident
- Drunken son stabbed father in confrontation over him taking family car for ride
- Durham Miners' Association band to perform at cathedral funeral for former Bishop
Loading article content