FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Party-hard students face the music and... apologise
- 'Free school plans need better checks' – MPs
- Body pulled from River Wear confirmed as missing Euan
- Ordination of Church of England's first female bishop disrupted by lone protestor
- University to 'leave no stone unturned' on safety measures following Euan Coulthard's death
- Police defend decision not to use divers in search for missing student Euan Coulthard
- New £500k hall to rise from the ashes
- Diver told body of missing student Euan Coulthard 'I've come to take you home my friend'
- Tears and anger as protest begs: Save Our School
- Women on trial after horses suffered from rain scold and a deformed hoof