FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Durham's register office hosts open day for couples planning their big day
- Bosses sleep 'rough' in bid to raise awareness about homelessness
- Durham rail worker features in Channel 5 documentary on Monday night
- Veteran's organisation presents cash to group working with former soldiers
- WATCH: Awards for teenage cadet who saved fellow student who was suffering a seizure
- Durham teaching assistants descend on city in 'show of solidarity'
- County Durham home care service put in 'special measures' after being rated inadequate
- Rowing boat damaged after concrete block thrown from bridge in Durham
- Brandon family distraught after council employee dumps pet cat in landfill
- Homeless drunk had legs amputated after falling into fire - but is still drinking warn alcohol campaigners
Loading article content