FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- School bus driver jailed over relationship with 14-year-old girl
- 'Scene of devastation': Driver jailed for horror crash that ruined his girlfriend's life
- Hundreds descend on Durham to enjoy spectacular Fire and Ice festival; find out how you can enjoy it too
- Watch: Hundreds of teaching assistants stage noisy protest over contracts row
- Trial date set for pair accused of £20,000 fraud from village church
- Sir Ian Botham goes back into bat for Durham County Cricket Club, and vows to turn around its fortunes
- Durham County Youth Orchestra and Choir to compose the soundtrack to Sounds of Durham.
- Durham folk singer launches debut album thanks to Kickstarter
- Two-day Fire and Ice Festival returning to Durham
- Dog lover takes part in walk with her pet in memory of her father
Loading article content