A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Last call for residents to comment on Darlington Council's controversial budget cuts
- Darlington man jailed for threatening and kicking witness in court case against him
- Chance to see redevelopment plans for the River Skerne in Darlington
- Visitors enjoy a feast of vintage machinery at annual show
- Exotic animals to parade at community carnival
- Carving club leaves a lasting legacy of thanks
- Bowling club threatened by ‘mindless’ youths
- Housing association appoints first woman chair in 97-year history
- Darlington celebrates Love Your Local Market Campaign
- Take on the #KeepitupforEngland challenge and show your support for our heroes