A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- WATCH: The terrifying moment a gun-wielding man attempts to rob a Darlington corner shop
- Building work to ready Blackwell Meadows for Quakers' return home to start in two weeks
- Darlington and Middlesbrough selected for high street regeneration programme
- Ex-England Rugby international inspires girls to give rugby a try
- Shapla Tandoori owners thank community for support after Darlington double stabbing
- Man, 43, appears in court charged with attempted murder after two stabbed in Darlington restaurant
- Tea dance celebrates Queen’s birthday
- Drunk Darlington man charges at traffic wardens and kicks car they were sheltering in
- Beautiful babes are Happy Tots in Northern Echo competition
- Run will boost dog charity