A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Prepare for care costs before spending your pension
- A golden anniversary for the couple that never argue
- Emergency services called to two accidents in County Durham
- 'We were helpless' - Terrified Darlington residents describe narrow escape from flat fire
- ‘The Secrets of 24 Blackwellgate’
- Pro-Corbyn campaign inspires visit from MP Grahame Morris
- Six figure sum awarded to terminally ill former factory worker
- Charity shop transformed by Darlington youngsters
- Big smiles on little faces as hospital enjoys toys galore
- Darlington’s a market for pop-up shops