A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Darlington: A bittersweet success for Quakers
- Town’s MP throws down the General Election gauntlet
- Pink carpet treatment for young holiday filmmaker
- PICTURE GALLERY: Today's Bark in the Park event attracted hundreds of pets - and their owners - to Darlington's South Park
- Darlington: 'We deserve to be in the play-offs', says Turnbull
- Dedicated fundraiser donates £100,000 to children's cancer charity
- Historic coaching inn to feature tourist real ale guide
- Pictures: Darlington 1 AFC Telford United 0
- Young writer inspired by memory of best teacher
- Darlington 1 AFC Telford United 0