A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- CCTV image released of suspected shoplifters in Darlington
- Jailed Darlington mother-of-two ordered to repay just £45,000 of the £406,000 she plundered from Capita
- 'Dangerous' Darlington robber, who grabbed woman by neck in attempted mugging, is jailed
- Refugees welcome at Darlington’s foodbanks
- Hopes for stage adaptation of Darlington College lecturer's latest children's book
- Former pub up for auction
- Future leaders thank Darlington club for vital confidence boost
- Calls for more police presence as crime rises
- Sky is the limit for St Cuthbert’s roof
- Jewellery of sentimental value taken in Darlington house burglary