A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- JAILED FOR 15 YEARS: Edward McArthur pleads guilty to setting girlfriend alight
- Heating costs force ancient St Cuthbert's Church to move services
- Concerns over danger road in Darlington
- Redhall Tigers FC vs Spraire Lads: the country's worst football team lose - again
- Darlington mayor urges Redworth residents to report lurcher owners to the police following 'intimidating' incident
- Hunt for Mr Darlington gets under way
- Voter registration help at care provider
- Darlington music teacher impresses judges on The Voice
- Story-telling workshop for children in Darlington
- 999 operator asks woman to investigate explosion