A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Jail for restaurant owner kicked out of premises who took vengeance by setting fire to it
- Traumatised veteran blames campaign of harassment on neighbours causing flashbacks by banging doors
- Darlington murder victim sustained single stab wound
- Man jailed for spitting at police constable in 18th assault against officers
- Generous young Darlington footballers donate festive foodbank feast
- Repairs completed in time for Christmas period in Darlington church
- Residents and businesses come together for own area
- Julie Gowling, 43, remanded in custody following death of Charlene Walker, 36, in Darlington
- 'Gross' neglect of mental health staff contributed to suicide of father-of-two, inquest hears
- A167 near Darlington reopened following rush hour car crash