A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Croft House development plans given the go-ahead
- Caring project celebrates record year
- Darlington's Carmel College hosts annual Yuletide liturgy
- Dozens enjoy afternoon of festive fun at Darlington school
- Cost effectiveness of council's repair policy for potholes questioned by resident
- 'Professional' burglar is jailed after a two month crime spree in Darlington
- Christmas carols help support Beefy's charity foundation
- Darlington assault leaves victim with deep gash on his face
- Darlington students inspired by MP's visit
- Santa takes a well-earned break in Darlington shop window