A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Darlington: Quakers show killer instinct to revive play-off ambitions
- Picture gallery: Boston United 1 Darlington 2
- Son does run in memory of father
- New head chef for Darlington hotel
- Customer hits out at npower price hikes
- Retailers urged to do more to help dementia sufferers
- Resident to keep log of accidents on road
- Young builders get first taste of construction at Darlington College
- Disabled Darlington children to join Lourdes pilgrimage following fundraisers
- Owners urged to sign up for Bark in the Park event