A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Your Vote: Who are Darlington Football Club's greatest-ever players?
- Darlington: Gray stands by new goalkeeper Bartlett after nightmare debut
- Gainsborough Trinity 3 Darlington 3
- Darlington couple who fell in love over a cream horn celebrate 50 years of marriage
- LIVE: Gainsborough Trinity v Darlington
- Boxing coach who tried to save the life of police officer in London terror attacker speaks of desire to see family
- Man who threatened to jump from TK Maxx in court - 'It took real effort of trained officers not to get him to go forward with plan'
- Darlington: Expectations high against Gainsborough Trinity
- Darlington's Crown Street Library move to be completed by spring 2018
- Darlington: Goalkeeper joins South Shields