A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Former cabinet minister calls on next Government to end low pay
- The colourful life of Darlington Victorian Frank Charles Bostock - the world's first lion tamer and showman extraordinaire
- Former manager of Darlington Co-op defrauds employers of almost £20,000, a court heard
- Top national award for Darlington police officer who went the extra mile
- 'Heroes and Villains' walk children to school
- Pharmacy urges people to take foot health seriously
- School expansion complete
- Young Darlington footballers victorious in league contest
- £1million Darlington parks project gets underway
- Chuckle Brothers bring light to Darlington's big Christmas switch on