A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Rogue Darlington landlord fined over 4ft bedroom
- Work due to start on Darlington's £30m cinema and leisure development
- Sunday opening hours piloted at Darlington Post Office delivery office
- A case of here comes the baby as best friend gives birth outside Darlington wedding venue
- Darlington man threw bottle which injured former girlfriend
- Theatre festival Jabberwocky Market returns to Darlington with a new line-up
- Dog of the Month: Nelson the lurcher
- Lancaster repair work 'progressing' – but another event cancelled
- Voting opens for Darlington in Bloom online competition
- Last Blues in the Park event of the season