CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Police appeal after young woman attacked in Newton Aycliffe
- Have you seen this man suspected of conning money out of elderly smokers?
- Police trained to spot paedophile tattoos and clothes
- Unmasked: Paedophile who worked in schools across region as children's counsellor
- Region's businesses urged to guard against online crime
- Police investigating Tipu Sultan's murder release new CCTV images of two suspects on a motorbike
- Man held over Claudia Lawrence case 'gives police new information'
- Police make arrest in connection with knifepoint robbery on 14-year-old boy
- Woman attacked by three men and cash stolen
- Eston hills ablaze again as Cleveland Fire Brigade reveals true cost of arson
More Darlington News
- Staff celebrate more than 400 years' service at North-East college
- Police release photo of man in area of Darlington railway signal failure
- Proposals for 44-acre solar farm near Darlington
- The Green Room promises to usher in a new era of live music in Darlington
- Teenage child rapist from Darlington has his sentence slashed on appeal
- Flying Scotsman Rally arrives in the region
- Car crashes into pedestrian crossing safety barrier in Darlington
- Popular butcher joins in North-East food festival
- Rock n roll for charity
- Floral tributes left at scene of fatal A66 crash