CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on email@example.com
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Dozens of off-duty police officers caught speeding
- Region's cops to star in new series of Channel 5's Police Interceptors
- North-East bobbies disappearing from the beat, claims Police Federation
- Foreign father who thrashed son with stick told police such beatings were used against children in his homeland
- Probe into how rapist cop escaped detection will be published soon
- Seven jailed for violence at Middlesbrough pub after which man died
- Classic car stolen after owner pulls into nature reserve
- VIDEO: Can you identify this man wanted in connection with Teesside cycle thefts
- Rural crime impact comes under detailed scrutiny
- Northumbria Police and Crime Commission backs calls to lower drink drive limit
More Darlington News
- Facebook video leads to Darlington man's arrest for sexual grooming
- Best of Darlington Awards celebrates town's brightest stars
- A67 finally set to re-open - after three years
- More than 130,000 children in the North-East 'in families cutting back on food or heating'
- Boxing champ hands over coach keys to children's charity
- Mayor looks forward to year of anniversaries
- Double success for football club
- Fundraisers urge others to help them help world-renowned hospital
- Visitors to Darlington urged to visit town centre gallery
- Skerne Park youngsters urged to do one hour of physical activity a week