A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Cost effectiveness of council's repair policy for potholes questioned by resident
- 'Professional' burglar is jailed after a two month crime spree in Darlington
- Christmas carols help support Beefy's charity foundation
- Darlington assault leaves victim with deep gash on his face
- Darlington students inspired by MP's visit
- Santa takes a well-earned break in Darlington shop window
- Shoppers reminded help is at hand to cope with festive blues
- 'Nightmare' hospital ordeal for restaurant owner
- Spirits high in Darlington as revellers enjoy Black Eye Friday
- Sweets for drinkers in Darlington town centre