For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Top awards ceremony heading to the North-East
11:14am Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Event to encourage Darlington residents to meet new people to be held next week
- Catterick troops score free passes to Croft races
- Investigation into Croft early-hours barn blaze launched
- Premium bus service to be launched between Darlington and Durham
- Blooming great competition helps spruce up Darlington village
- Big name comedians head to the North-East for major festival
- Echo man Richard sets sights on fundraising challenge
- Angler reels them in for charity
- Dog ownership most popular in the North-East
- Drunken woman reports herself to police after punching stranger
Comments are closed on this article.