A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Deprivation one of the biggest factors for lower life expectation in parts of Darlington, new figures show
- Rogue Darlington landlord fined over 4ft bedroom
- 'No cause for alarm' following gas leak in Darlington town centre
- Work due to start on Darlington's £30m cinema and leisure development
- Family pet missing for over a week
- Councillors agree to purchase of former fire station for children's theatre scheme
- Have your say on polling arrangements in Darlington
- House of Fraser deal for Darlington jewellery maker
- Taxi drivers in court after failing to engage meters
- Darlington rugby players join ice bucket challenge craze