For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Top awards ceremony heading to the North-East
Updated 3:06pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Appeals against council's refusal for Gypsy sites upheld
- Charity face painting event at Argos in Darlington
- Teen table football champs from Darlington retain their title in Austria
- Angelina Ballerina is pirouetting into a North East theatre
- Tapas Bar reopens in memory of owner Peter Turnbull who put "heart and soul" into making it a success
- Green-fingered volunteers needed to help mark arts centre's second birthday
- Log cabins plans set for approval despite objections
- Summer fair raises hundreds for Darlington care home
- Students' talents showcased at annual summer show
- The seaside comes to Darlington as annual summer event gets underway
Comments are closed on this article.