A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Loading article content
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Financial advisor accused of stealing almost £1m from North-East pensioners appears in court
- SkyLive 2016 - live!
- Posthumous award for exceptional Darlington teenager and "force of strength" Freja Nicholson
- Appeal to trace missing dog, Zac, last seen near Tees Pumping Station
- £1m fraud suspect Kole Lulgjuraj in North-East police custody after FBI arrest
- Three years jail for Darlington illegal waste haulier who paid just £10,000 of £350,000 court ordered him to cough up
- Good time had by all during Darlington town clock tours
- Thousands raised for Macmillan Cancer by Darlington's Thermal Insulation Contractors Association
- Darlington residents warned over rise in fraudulent calls
- Curtains up for Darlington's refurbished Majestic Theatre