A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Loading article content
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- 'Tell the truth on hospital's fate'
- 'We are the champions, we are the champions' - Quakers homecoming celebrations
- Virgin Trains to sponsor Darlington FC next season
- World's oldest quoits club finally accepts women members
- August Bank Holiday weekend targeted for Darlington FC's return home
- Did your MP vote to accept 3,000 Syrian child refugees? Charity says voting to keep them out represents a 'black stain on our history'
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Smiles all round as Darlington Building Society celebrates 160th anniversary
- Bouncers and bar staff to be trained to spot sexual exploitation
- Food festival to feature chilli eating contest