A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Loading article content
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Kind Darlington builders crowdfund to help 83-year-old fleeced by cowboy tradesman
- Darlington has second highest proportion of under-performing secondary schools in country, figures reveal
- Watch: Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer takes on Speedflex training at Darlington gym
- £20,000 pay-out for woman unable to work after police crash into her car
- Police officers assaulted in hotel
- Well-read Darlington pupils chosen to judge Blue Peter Book Awards
- New Year nightclub attack
- Darlington PCSO rewarded for going 'beyond the call of duty'
- A1 northbound reopens following earlier accident at Catterick
- Police issue appeal after stolen Mercedes found abandoned following Darlington burglary