A MAN has died after being struck by a lorry just moments after his car was involved in an accident with another heavy goods vehicle.
The A19 was closed for about 10 hours after the accidents, near the Kirkby Sigston junction on the southbound carriageway, and then the junction for Over Silton on the same carriageway.
Loading article content
The man was pronounced dead later the same day but police are not yet in a position to identify him.
The man was driving a black Ford Focus, and as a result of the first accident between the car and a lorry, his car left the road.
Although the lorry driver did not stop he has been identified.
The second crash happened when another heavy goods vehicle hit the man, who was then standing in the road.
Traffic Sergeant Richard Parsons said: “I am asking for anyone who was on this stretch of the A19 around the time of the collision to come forward and contact the police if they have not already done so.”
Anyone who can help with this investigation is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Richard Parsons. Alternatively information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Transport News
- Will your journey be stress free? Find out where the roadworks are in your area
- Wave of Land Rover Defender thefts in North Yorkshire and North-East sparks security appeal
- A66 resurfacing work, near Smallways, starts on Monday
- Pothole 'action fund' will fill in 58,000 holes in the North-East
- New bus timetables in North Yorkshire as council subsidies reduced
- Number of speed camera vans in North Yorkshire to be doubled
- £553,000,000 - the figure required to repair North-East's uneven and potholed roads
- Minister's visit sparks fresh plan to tackle Sutton Bank gridlock
- Calls to axe proposed blue badge parking charges as campaigners reveal the disabled could pay triple to park in Darlington
- Repairs to bridge over A19 to be carried out on Monday and Tuesday nights
More Thirsk News
- Disbelief as pub landlady prosecuted over 'pint short by six teaspoons of beer'
- Dog centre goes into the hire business
- "Forceful pressure" was applied to dead pensioner's neck, murder trial is told.
- Two suspected drug dealers arrested after car stopped
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Shadow Home Secretary to appear alongside comedian and musicians at festival
- Racehorse trainer David Nicholls to face court charged with sex assault
- Killer fled to garden shed after retired teacher was attacked, murder trial jury told
- Pensioner accused of sexually abusing girls tells court attacks would have been 'totally impossible' for him
- Snap up some fantastic prizes in the Winning Smile photo competition