A MAN has died after being struck by a lorry just moments after his car was involved in an accident with another heavy goods vehicle.
The A19 was closed for about 10 hours after the accidents, near the Kirkby Sigston junction on the southbound carriageway, and then the junction for Over Silton on the same carriageway.
Loading article content
The man was pronounced dead later the same day but police are not yet in a position to identify him.
The man was driving a black Ford Focus, and as a result of the first accident between the car and a lorry, his car left the road.
Although the lorry driver did not stop he has been identified.
The second crash happened when another heavy goods vehicle hit the man, who was then standing in the road.
Traffic Sergeant Richard Parsons said: “I am asking for anyone who was on this stretch of the A19 around the time of the collision to come forward and contact the police if they have not already done so.”
Anyone who can help with this investigation is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Richard Parsons. Alternatively information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Transport News
- Do motorcyclists follow a different Highway Code?
- Arriva "disappointed" over competition findings on rail and bus services
- Cyclist's anger after being told police wouldn't investigate crash
- VOTE: Shock rise in number of drivers using mobile phones while behind the wheel
- UPDATE: A1 near Metro Centre reopened after crane incident
- Are you taking part in Cycle to Work Day 2016 on Wednesday?
- Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn secures his seat on a Virgin train following London to Newcastle row
- Corbyn walked past empty seats before making video sat on floor saying train 'ram-packed' , says Virgin
- Train guard 'bard' in line for another award
- RMT union announce three days of strike action on Virgin East Coast trains
More Thirsk News
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Traffic updates from the region's roads
- Former choirmaster jailed for 'monstrous' indecent assaults against boy
- Lorry crash causes seven mile tailbacks on A19 during morning rush hour
- Symphony orchestra appeals for backing
- Pensioner with sexual offences conviction denies abusing schoolboy more than two decades ago
- Jail for ticketless racecourse punter who attacked security guards
- Sports Direct to hold independent review into working practices and corporate governance
- TV vet follows in footsteps of Herriot author
- Racecourse riding high on themed events
- Listed: The 405 DLI heroes who gave their lives 100 years ago today on the regiment's bloodiest day at the Somme