A MAN has died after being struck by a lorry just moments after his car was involved in an accident with another heavy goods vehicle.
The A19 was closed for about 10 hours after the accidents, near the Kirkby Sigston junction on the southbound carriageway, and then the junction for Over Silton on the same carriageway.
Loading article content
The man was pronounced dead later the same day but police are not yet in a position to identify him.
The man was driving a black Ford Focus, and as a result of the first accident between the car and a lorry, his car left the road.
Although the lorry driver did not stop he has been identified.
The second crash happened when another heavy goods vehicle hit the man, who was then standing in the road.
Traffic Sergeant Richard Parsons said: “I am asking for anyone who was on this stretch of the A19 around the time of the collision to come forward and contact the police if they have not already done so.”
Anyone who can help with this investigation is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Richard Parsons. Alternatively information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Transport News
- Union blasts Virgin East Coast over planned changes to travel centres
- Strategy agreed for Metro and local rail services
- Overnight works on the A19 near Billingham
- New alliance forged between Northern Rail and Network Rail
- Extra staff will be on hand for busy weekend on railway
- Stretch of A19 to be closed overnight for a week
- Major disruption on A688 in County Durham after lorry strikes electrical cables
- Fire on train near Darlington causes rail delays
- Former Royal Navy captain takes up Northern Rail role
- Do you recognise these trainspotters putting lives at risk trying to get a closer view of the Flying Scotsman?
More Thirsk News
- World record press-ups bid highlights veterans’ plight
- Cream of the crop at show
- Council splashes cash on leisure centre improvements
- Firms unite to bridge cash gap at key business estate
- Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries following crash on A690
- WATCH: Hard-hitting video shows shocking footage of people trespassing on railway tracks
- A66 reopens after accident involving lorry and car
- Open day for extra care housing
- Man charged with assaulting woman found on roof
- National park centre opens unique play area