For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Paloma Faith to headline Evolution Festival
11:50am Thursday 21st February 2013 in News
SINGER songwriter Paloma Faith is to headline one of the North-East’s biggest music festivals.
The Brit-nominated soul star is to perform at Tyneside’s two-day Evolution Festival over the May Bank Holiday weekend.
The Picking Up The Pieces star will headline the main Spillers Wharf stage on Monday, May 27 while indie-rockers The Vaccines will top the bill on Sunday, May 26.
The festival line-up, billed by organisers as the strongest ever, was announced this morning, with acts spread across two stages on The Quayside of Newcastle and Gateshead.
Among the other names confirmed as appearing are rising star Jake Bugg, songwriter Ellie Goulding and Irish R’n’B band The Strypes.
Promoter Jim Mawdsley said: "We have been working damned hard over the last few months to put together the strongest, most varied line up yet.
"As usual we are proud to have such a strong mix of today's heavy weights and future stars".
Tickets for the festival are £29.50 each day or £39.50 for a weekend pass.
For further details, please visit the festival website www.evolutionfestival.co.uk.
More Tyne & Wear News
- Strong police presence as English Defence League demonstration continues in Newcastle
- Three arrested ahead of English Defence League protest in Newcastle
- Police appeal after armed robbery
- Punched police horse Bud returns to Newcastle to face EDL demo
- World's first purpose built electric lighthouse receives spring clean
- Missing student police seek Good Samaritan
- Police expect rival protests to pass off peacefully - despite London murder increasing tensions
- Police failings in the hunt for the Black Dog Strangler
- Story of school's link with evacuees brings war time project to life
- Police name A66 crash victim as cyclist Sean Ruff from Sunderland