Three fire crews tackled a blaze in MacMillan Road, Newton Aycliffe.
A report of a building on fire was received at 00.21am and two appliances from Newton Aycliffe were sent to the scene and reported an upstairs kitchen well alight.
Firefighters tackled the blaze using breathing apparatus and two hose reels.
Loading article content
At 00.34am a further appliance from Bishop Auckland arrived to assist.
The crews extinguished the fire at 00.56 and reported that it involved a small fire in an upstairs kitchen in a building 20 metres by 20 metres.
More Newton Aycliffe News
- Proud family pay last respects to Anna Swabey who died from brain tumour on eve of wedding as bucket-list fund reaches £100,000 target
- Prison officer jailed over lesbian affair with inmate at HMP Low Newton
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Traffic updates from the region's roads
- Anna Swabey's mum speaks out about her daughter's determination in face of terminal diagnosis
- Corrosive liquid thrown on vehicles in Newton Aycliffe and tyres slashed in spate of vandalism
- Kids could be in line to wear bespoke Halloween creation with competition
- Plastics manufacturer reaps rewards of apprenticeship success
- Lorry crash causes seven mile tailbacks on A19 during morning rush hour
- Inspirational Anna Swabey was in line for 'highest international honour' for tireless fundraising efforts
- Permission sought for caravan and camping site at Newton Aycliffe pub field