Three fire crews tackled a blaze in MacMillan Road, Newton Aycliffe.
A report of a building on fire was received at 00.21am and two appliances from Newton Aycliffe were sent to the scene and reported an upstairs kitchen well alight.
Firefighters tackled the blaze using breathing apparatus and two hose reels.
At 00.34am a further appliance from Bishop Auckland arrived to assist.
The crews extinguished the fire at 00.56 and reported that it involved a small fire in an upstairs kitchen in a building 20 metres by 20 metres.
More Newton Aycliffe News
- Woman in hospital with serious injuries after road accident in Newton Aycliffe
- Buffet cars to be axed from Hitachi's East Coast Main Line trains
- Councillors urged to reject proposal for motorcyclists' den
- 100th birthday celebrations for popular and talented man
- Voters called to polls to elect new Evenwood ward councillor
- Grant helps Great Aycliffe toddlers get the best start in life
- Apartment plans unveiled for Newton Aycliffe pub
- Newton Aycliffe drop-in given notice to quit site
- Efforts of volunteers recognised at awards night
- Parking is 'free after three' during December