Three fire crews tackled a blaze in MacMillan Road, Newton Aycliffe.
A report of a building on fire was received at 00.21am and two appliances from Newton Aycliffe were sent to the scene and reported an upstairs kitchen well alight.
Firefighters tackled the blaze using breathing apparatus and two hose reels.
Loading article content
At 00.34am a further appliance from Bishop Auckland arrived to assist.
The crews extinguished the fire at 00.56 and reported that it involved a small fire in an upstairs kitchen in a building 20 metres by 20 metres.
More Newton Aycliffe News
- Former GB boxer Amanda Coulson will help girls at Woodham Academy, Newton Aycliffe, get more peers into sport
- Pupils' petition calls for fairness in English GCSE between state and independent schools
- Weather pictures: Snow leads to accidents, road closures and schools shutting
- Railway exhibition will appeal to enthusiasts and help charities
- Weather: Blizzard conditions set to sweep into north bringing with it a 'real taste of winter'
- Funds to benefit Newton Aycliffe care home and volunteer's trip to Fiji
- Weather: Flood warning for North Sea coast, roof collapses, trees felled, house's gable end crashes down and cars damaged in strong winds
- Newton Aycliffe soldier, 24, died from the "toxic effects" of MDMA
- Newton Aycliffe business park work to continue with disruption to drivers expected
- Global pizza chain heads to Newton Aycliffe