Three fire crews tackled a blaze in MacMillan Road, Newton Aycliffe.
A report of a building on fire was received at 00.21am and two appliances from Newton Aycliffe were sent to the scene and reported an upstairs kitchen well alight.
Firefighters tackled the blaze using breathing apparatus and two hose reels.
At 00.34am a further appliance from Bishop Auckland arrived to assist.
The crews extinguished the fire at 00.56 and reported that it involved a small fire in an upstairs kitchen in a building 20 metres by 20 metres.
More Newton Aycliffe News
- Traders launch Shildon loyalty card to entice shoppers to boost business
- Aycliffe Village schoolchildren stage road safety protest
- Newton Aycliffe cancer survivor says NHS is in crisis following hospital admission fiasco
- Parish councils unite against wind farm plans
- Newton Aycliffe pensioner admits stealing neighbour's knickers
- Newton Aycliffe woman warns against fake Barbour website
- Pupils enjoy official opening of new football academy
- Rug firm to roll out red carpet for unsung hero
- Councils under pressure over Living Wage
- 'Good Citizen' snapped and pointed imitation firearm at unruly youths