For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
York to be transformed into fiery battleground at Jorvik Viking Festival
2:03pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
VIKING hordes will descend on the region this weekend for a an epic clash of steel upon steel.
The Eye of York will be transformed into a fiery battleground as the 28th Jorvik Viking Festival comes to a close in a blaze of glory.
And as Viking warriors train for battle, members of the Elfshot historical archery group have been busy making scores of arrows that will form part of the event’s spectacular fire displays.
Festival organisers claim the battle on Saturday will be the “biggest and best yet”.
It will combine a live action battle involving hundreds of re-enactors with dramatic pyrotechnic displays, set against an atmospheric soundtrack that will incorporate individual performances alongside extracts of Old Norse verse.”
Festival organiser Danielle Daglan said: “It’s amazing to be involved in such a historic event, in such a fantastic setting.”
Throughout the day there will be Viking processions and activities around the city. The battle itself is a ticket only event. Tickets , at £10 for adults and £7.50 concessions, are available online at jorvik-viking-centre.com or by phoning the booking line on 01904-615505.
More York & Harrogate News
- Engineering boss faces prospect of jail following conviction of manslaughter of worker
- Fraja Simpson "joking with nurses" after successful surgery to remove tumour
- Evacuated North Yorkshire villagers allowed home after gas leak
- North Yorkshire village evacuated after gas leak
- Easingwold murder accused stabbed van driver in the neck
- Police warn motorists against taking photographs of accident scenes
- News from the North
- Changes on the way for racecourse known as the Ascot of the north
- Grants scheme to help communities and groups mark the centenary of the First World War
- Major York employer to move hundreds of jobs to India
Comments are closed on this article.