For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
York to be transformed into fiery battleground at Jorvik Viking Festival
2:03pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
VIKING hordes will descend on the region this weekend for a an epic clash of steel upon steel.
The Eye of York will be transformed into a fiery battleground as the 28th Jorvik Viking Festival comes to a close in a blaze of glory.
And as Viking warriors train for battle, members of the Elfshot historical archery group have been busy making scores of arrows that will form part of the event’s spectacular fire displays.
Festival organisers claim the battle on Saturday will be the “biggest and best yet”.
It will combine a live action battle involving hundreds of re-enactors with dramatic pyrotechnic displays, set against an atmospheric soundtrack that will incorporate individual performances alongside extracts of Old Norse verse.”
Festival organiser Danielle Daglan said: “It’s amazing to be involved in such a historic event, in such a fantastic setting.”
Throughout the day there will be Viking processions and activities around the city. The battle itself is a ticket only event. Tickets , at £10 for adults and £7.50 concessions, are available online at jorvik-viking-centre.com or by phoning the booking line on 01904-615505.
More York & Harrogate News
- Explosion of colour at spring flower show
- New accoldade for chef Sara
- Biker hurt in town smash
- Northern Rock Foundation closure a 'massive blow for North-East charities'
- Grayson Perry to host an evening of teddy bear heaven
- Pet owners warned Easter eggs could prove fatal for dogs
- York's 21 gun salute Queen's 88th birthday
- Leading artist to host family event at museum
- Dawn French coming to York's Barbican
- Archbishop's Easter message highlights tax avoidance and human trafficking
Comments are closed on this article.