For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
York to be transformed into fiery battleground at Jorvik Viking Festival
2:03pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
VIKING hordes will descend on the region this weekend for a an epic clash of steel upon steel.
The Eye of York will be transformed into a fiery battleground as the 28th Jorvik Viking Festival comes to a close in a blaze of glory.
And as Viking warriors train for battle, members of the Elfshot historical archery group have been busy making scores of arrows that will form part of the event’s spectacular fire displays.
Festival organisers claim the battle on Saturday will be the “biggest and best yet”.
It will combine a live action battle involving hundreds of re-enactors with dramatic pyrotechnic displays, set against an atmospheric soundtrack that will incorporate individual performances alongside extracts of Old Norse verse.”
Festival organiser Danielle Daglan said: “It’s amazing to be involved in such a historic event, in such a fantastic setting.”
Throughout the day there will be Viking processions and activities around the city. The battle itself is a ticket only event. Tickets , at £10 for adults and £7.50 concessions, are available online at jorvik-viking-centre.com or by phoning the booking line on 01904-615505.
More York & Harrogate News
- Ambulances collide on emergency calls
- Bid to find eternity ring lost by shopper
- Camera blackout as town pulls the plug on funding
- Stained glass centre moves a step closer
- E-fit issued after householder hurt
- Court orders forfeiture of more than £17,500 found in car
- Loos won eco award
- Crowbar wielding robbers subject family to terrifying ordeal
- Archbishop pays tribute to "a great human being."
- Paedophile teacher has sentence more than doubled
Comments are closed on this article.