For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
York to be transformed into fiery battleground at Jorvik Viking Festival
Updated 3:22pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
VIKING hordes will descend on the region this weekend for a an epic clash of steel upon steel.
The Eye of York will be transformed into a fiery battleground as the 28th Jorvik Viking Festival comes to a close in a blaze of glory.
And as Viking warriors train for battle, members of the Elfshot historical archery group have been busy making scores of arrows that will form part of the event’s spectacular fire displays.
Festival organisers claim the battle on Saturday will be the “biggest and best yet”.
It will combine a live action battle involving hundreds of re-enactors with dramatic pyrotechnic displays, set against an atmospheric soundtrack that will incorporate individual performances alongside extracts of Old Norse verse.”
Festival organiser Danielle Daglan said: “It’s amazing to be involved in such a historic event, in such a fantastic setting.”
Throughout the day there will be Viking processions and activities around the city. The battle itself is a ticket only event. Tickets , at £10 for adults and £7.50 concessions, are available online at jorvik-viking-centre.com or by phoning the booking line on 01904-615505.
More York & Harrogate News
- Old goat still going strong
- Selina for MP?
- Police appeal for help in finding wanted man
- Bid to tackle suicides at stations
- Images released of man wanted over early morning train sex act
- Three sets of siblings to take to the stage
- Air ambulance pilot - who rescued Richard Hammond - retires
- Honours for Yorkshire's Gary Verity
- Surgery woman critically injured
- Man arrested after jumping into York river twice while drunk
Comments are closed on this article.