For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Half-term fun at Durham Cathedral
CHILDREN made lanterns and birdboxes, as a Cathedral’s half-term programme continued today.
Durham Cathedral is hosting a range of family events during the school holidays.
Yesterday and today, young visitors made Candlemas Lanterns, celebrating the presentation of the baby Jesus at the Jewish temple and His description as the Light of the world.
This afternoon, children made bird boxes for use on Cathedral-owned woodlands and riverbanks.
The event was part of National Nest Box Week and organised by the British Trust for Ornithology.
On Friday, free explorer backpacks will be available throughout the day to help children discover the Cathedral.
More Durham News
- Tot of the Pots - schoolboy Beau takes on snooker legends
- Durham's Year of Culture a 'fantastic success'
- Ex-bomb disposal team member jailed for seven years and four months for A1(M) death crash
- Winner chosen after thousands create their own 'Virtual Lumiere'
- Durham's name in lights with global honour
- Gary's the money man for police boss Hogg
- Meals on wheels group launches website advertising services in County Durham
- Sir Peter's safer families quest
- Charity boost for apprentices
- Student at New College Durham makes national table tennis final
Comments are closed on this article.