For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Half-term fun at Durham Cathedral
CHILDREN made lanterns and birdboxes, as a Cathedral’s half-term programme continued today.
Durham Cathedral is hosting a range of family events during the school holidays.
Yesterday and today, young visitors made Candlemas Lanterns, celebrating the presentation of the baby Jesus at the Jewish temple and His description as the Light of the world.
This afternoon, children made bird boxes for use on Cathedral-owned woodlands and riverbanks.
The event was part of National Nest Box Week and organised by the British Trust for Ornithology.
On Friday, free explorer backpacks will be available throughout the day to help children discover the Cathedral.
More Durham News
- Bailiff rage driver jailed for nine months for dangerous pursuit
- Great North Runner Stephen's doing it for dad
- Snap yourself a cathedral selfie
- All rosy as agency boss Andy tours ice rink rebuild
- Parents' horror as boy, three, slips down faulty manhole
- Wartime food on the menu at Court
- Festival of entertainment takes to streets of Durham
- New police HQ ready for Durham force
- Farmers urged to help fight rustling
- Second crash at Pittington where accidents are 'rare'
Comments are closed on this article.