For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Half-term fun at Durham Cathedral
CHILDREN made lanterns and birdboxes, as a Cathedral’s half-term programme continued today.
Durham Cathedral is hosting a range of family events during the school holidays.
Yesterday and today, young visitors made Candlemas Lanterns, celebrating the presentation of the baby Jesus at the Jewish temple and His description as the Light of the world.
This afternoon, children made bird boxes for use on Cathedral-owned woodlands and riverbanks.
The event was part of National Nest Box Week and organised by the British Trust for Ornithology.
On Friday, free explorer backpacks will be available throughout the day to help children discover the Cathedral.
More Durham News
- Bishop's wife heads to Games
- Lights out to mark war centenary
- Work to upgrade sewer network due to begin at Newton Hall, Durham City
- More to see at kids’ visitor centre
- Two churches, one priest, two bishops - one faith?
- Durham pilot of bus payment card
- Raft race helps charities keep their heads above water
- Slimmer Michael saddles up for Big Ride
- Good Citizens do their bit for charity
- Foto-Fest help for young snappers
Comments are closed on this article.