CHILDREN made lanterns and birdboxes, as a Cathedral’s half-term programme continued today.
Durham Cathedral is hosting a range of family events during the school holidays.
Yesterday and today, young visitors made Candlemas Lanterns, celebrating the presentation of the baby Jesus at the Jewish temple and His description as the Light of the world.
Loading article content
This afternoon, children made bird boxes for use on Cathedral-owned woodlands and riverbanks.
The event was part of National Nest Box Week and organised by the British Trust for Ornithology.
On Friday, free explorer backpacks will be available throughout the day to help children discover the Cathedral.
More Durham News
- Do you recognise any of these suspects caught on CCTV?
- MP endorses youth project which brings international recognition to Durham
- Elderly woman cut free after car crash in County Durham
- Durham University students to highlight the impact of financial difficulties
- Baby Samson astounds parents with recovery from major heart surgery
- Shadforth prepares for its Big Weekend
- Belmont fundraiser to do 'Great North biathlon' in memory of his mother
- Durham runner goes the extra mile for charity
- Illegal crayfish traps found in River Wear
- Annual rally cancelled following closure of Durham military museum