For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Half-term fun at Durham Cathedral
CHILDREN made lanterns and birdboxes, as a Cathedral’s half-term programme continued today.
Durham Cathedral is hosting a range of family events during the school holidays.
Yesterday and today, young visitors made Candlemas Lanterns, celebrating the presentation of the baby Jesus at the Jewish temple and His description as the Light of the world.
This afternoon, children made bird boxes for use on Cathedral-owned woodlands and riverbanks.
The event was part of National Nest Box Week and organised by the British Trust for Ornithology.
On Friday, free explorer backpacks will be available throughout the day to help children discover the Cathedral.
More Durham News
- Tributes to Nelson Mandela from scholarship inspired by South Africa's struggle for freedom
- Tributes to Lewis Dickson from Seaham after he is killed in collision with lorry
- Christmas festival gets underway
- Students aim to row to Bethlehem
- Search begins for city ambassador
- Jay's delight at new trike
- MP demands answers after two suspended headteachers return to work
- Councillors to rule on Durham housing scheme
- County plan must be withdrawn - Durham green campaign
- Acclaimed headteacher charged with sex offences against a boy
Comments are closed on this article.