For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Youth in court accused of blinding man in one eye
A TEENAGER has been remanded into youth custody accused of blinding a man in his right eye.
The 17-year-old allegedly hit the man, who is aged about 40, twice with the bar from the roof rack of a car.
The attack is said to have happened late on January 12 on Edward Terrace in New Kyo, Stanley, County Durham.
Peterlee magistrates sitting today (Thursday, February 14) heard the injured man suffered a shattered eye socket, fractured cheekbone and the loss of sight in his right eye.
A boy, from the Stanley area, has been charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
No pleas have been entered but Dave Malone, representing the youth indicated that they would be not guilty and the matter would be heard at trial.
An application for bail was refused and the case is back at the court on February 28 for committal to Durham Crown Court.
More Crime News
- Three held after man found wandering streets dies a day after apparently taking drugs at Newcastle party
- Danger driver Ashley Lindo who killed eight-year-old in 2006 jailed again after high speed police chase
- Pub landlord arrested in Claudia Lawrence inquiry describes his family's devastation
- Campaign to target drivers' fatal distraction
- Echo publisher fined for naming alleged rape victim
- Police cadets get caught up with the law
- UPDATE: Man arrested after Claudia Lawrence detectives search York pub is released on bail
- Parents warned predatory paedophiles may use online gaming to contact children
- Police commissioner backs tougher penalties for using a phone at the wheel
- Police will use the crusher in their fight against illegal off-road bike riding
Comments are closed on this article.