A NORTH-EAST rugby star has opened a new community gym at a Bishop Auckland school.
Back row, Ali Hogg, who plays for Newcastle Falcons, said King Gym was a fantastic addition to the existing sports facilities at King James I Academy.
“I am really impressed with what I have seen here,” said the 30-year-old Scot. “It is an excellent facility for the school and a great way to encourage kids to get fitter.
Loading article content
“I particularly like the fact it is open to the community after school so kids can come along with their parents and exercise together.”
The gym is located in a former cyber cafe, which has been transformed into a compact, but well-equipped, exercise space, feature new machines such as treadmills and exercise bikes.
As well as being used by GSCE pupils, the gym will be open at lunchtime and after school to encourage youngsters to exercise in their spare time.
It will also be used by members of the Martin Gray Football Academy and Bishop Auckland Under-18s Football Club, who train at the school.
Members of the public will also be welcome to come along outside school hours from as little as £5 per week.
More Bishop Auckland News
- Do you recognise any of these suspects caught on CCTV?
- Fruitful past unearthed on medieval palace dig
- Bishop Auckland gallery owner up for business award
- Students raise awareness of cold water shock dangers with new project
- Footballer killed in the Somme remembered at Northern League match
- Scheme celebrates success as first company expands
- Runners descend for Auckland Castle trail
- Extra Kynren show to meet demand
- Kynren's vintage motor is star attraction of Bishop Auckland car show
- Veterans take on karting charity challenge
More Education News