DESIGNS for a new building for a Stockton secondary school will be shared with the public next week.
Ian Ramsey Church of England School in Stockton is to benefit from multi-million pound investment through the Government’s Priority Schools Building Programme.
The idea is for the secondary school to be based on a single site at Green Lane, Stockton as opposed to two separate blocks.
Work will start in the summer and it’s hoped pupils will be able to work in the new building in September, 2014.
Stockton Borough Council secured £17.5m of funding last year, but the money will be distributed across a number of schools.
At Ian Ramsey School residents, students, staff and parents are invited to talk about the proposals and see the initial designs at a special drop-in session between 4.30pm and 8pm on Tuesday, February 12.
It will give people a chance to see the drawings and meet representatives from the school, Education Funding Authority and Sir Robert McAlpine, the company contracted to complete the work.
Headteacher Janet Wilson, said: “I'm looking forward to sharing the drawings with our whole school community and hearing their thoughts and views about the initial ideas.”
More Stockton Borough Council News
- WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO: Queen's guard and soldier friend walk free from court after stamping horror attack
- UPDATED: Man suffers head injury in Darlington assault
- Comment: How can soldiers involved in stamping horror attack be set free?
- Man cleared of attacking couple on cruise ship
- People withholding evidence that could solve Claudia Lawrence mystery, says family friend, as three more men arrested
- Man reported to have absconded from Teesside prison recaptured
- Man convicted of violence on the run from Teesside prison
- WATCH ARREST VIDEO: Cleveland Police officers to face disciplinary hearings over 'brutal' arrest caught on CCTV
- Man, 53, who knocked out two pensioners said he acted in self-defence after being threatened with a crutch
- Information sought on wrestlers by police investigating sex assault