A MAN charged with attempting to murder his partner has been remanded in custody by a judge.
The defendant was arrested and charged after the 34-year-old woman was found with head and facial injuries following an incident in Danby Dale Avenue, Redcar.
A plea and directions hearing is set to take place at the court on April 16.
More Crime News
- MPs urged to reform "failing" drugs policy
- Region's forces fare well in police assessments, with Durham particularly highly rated
- Darlington, Cleveland and Durham listed in drink-driving 'postcodes of shame'
- Police target roads in cross-border crime crackdown
- Deaf club bosses are found guilty of fraud
- UPDATED: Friends accused of vigilante attack on child rapist overjoyed at not guilty verdict
- Labour reveals plans to quadruple gun licence charges
- Campaign to raise awareness of threat of terrorism
- Another regional police force staging firearms amnesty
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death outside Wearside bar