A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email email@example.com
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- VIDEO: Drive-by shooting of takeaway worker Tipu Sultan is on Crimewatch tonight
- Police tell parents: “We are not here to scare kids.”
- Dozens of off-duty police officers caught speeding
- Region's cops to star in new series of Channel 5's Police Interceptors
- North-East bobbies disappearing from the beat, claims Police Federation
- Foreign father who thrashed son with stick told police such beatings were used against children in his homeland
- Probe into how rapist cop escaped detection will be published soon
- Seven jailed for violence at Middlesbrough pub after which man died
- Classic car stolen after owner pulls into nature reserve
- VIDEO: Can you identify this man wanted in connection with Teesside cycle thefts