A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email email@example.com
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Man, 60, released from hospital after being stabbed during attempted robbery
- Women threatened by knifeman
- Concerns raised over police helicopter rapid response cover
- Police release photo of man they need to speak to following Newcastle rape
- Robbie Savage feared being accosted on public transport if he lost licence for 99mph speeding offence in North Yorkshire
- Claudia Lawrence investigator says he's focusing on current investigation after previous inquiries criticised
- Jimmy Savile "licked nurse's hand" during visit to North-East hospital
- Claudia Lawrence search reveals no clues - but detectives feel latest lead significant
- Nine Savile abuse complaints ignored
- Police helicopter supporters make impassioned pleas for service to survive