A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
Loading article content
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Woman injured after disturbing burglar who broke into her home in broad daylight
- Suspected stolen vehicle crashes into wall after police chase - four arrested
- Church accused of 'cover up' in handling of complaints about 'inappropriate' behaviour of vicar
- Eleven arrests in string of drug raids across the region
- Two Crook men deny joint truck theft allegation
- Man in court over wish to change the colour of a river and prayer to god
- Man and woman charged with attempted robbery at Darlington corner shop
- Young churchgoer alleged to have been abused by clergyman thought 'that's what vicars do', court told
- Police commissioner calls on residents to help draft strategic plan for Cleveland
- Former Archdeacon of Auckland Granville Gibson denies sexually abusing boys and young men