A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email email@example.com
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Couple defrauded schools after failing to pay fees for child care at nurseries round the region
- Gun-toting robbers injure staff member in raid on North-East club
- Teenage girl raped in Tyneside churchyard
- Teenage girl raped in church grounds on North Tyneside
- Arrest made after sexual assault in Harrogate
- Police make second arrest after sex assault on girl, 12
- Man suffers ear injury after being bitten in attack in Newcastle
- Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson clocked speeding after filming in North Yorkshire
- Police to recruit an extra 60 officers
- Schools target child sexual exploitation