A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- 12 years in jail for danger driver who caused triple-fatal crash
- Force reveals violent past of 26 people in first six months of Clare's Law
- Man stabbed in leg with screwdriver
- My guilt over hammer attack rapist, by ex-wife who did not report beatings
- Indefinite term for Teesside lonely hearts slasher
- Man in street golf club attack
- Police name stab death victim as Uriel Moskwa
- Three hospitalised after car fails to stop for police in County Durham, crosses A19 and collides with two others
- Police appeal following aggravated burglary in Sunderland
- Court hears how undercover police cracked three drugs rings