A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email email@example.com
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Raids uncover £10,000 worth of suspected fake luxury goods
- Man dies after police call at house in Sunderland following report of men with guns
- Acclaimed headteacher Anne Lakey in court accused of historic indecent assault of boy
- Christmas crackdown on shoplifters is netting thieves in Newcastle city centre
- Man attacked with knife in disused Hartlepool car park
- Man charged with murder of his parents in Newcastle
- Man found dead at house in Sunderland - 34-year-old arrested
- Bomb scare Darlington man who threatened to kill police walks free after "nightmare" on remand
- Man charged over alleged rape and sexual assault of teenagers in Sunderland park
- Crime in Darlington is down, says Police and Crime Commissioner