WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Loading article content
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- Five suspected thieves arrested after cross-border pursuit to stop car on A1(M)
- Crackdown on illegal use of mobile phones on Durham and Cleveland's roads from Monday
- Darlington bus crash: Driver blames mechanical failure, court hears
- Six years jail for driver who killed new grandfather when speeding car rammed vehicle into bus shelter
- Traffic officers recover two stolen vans in separate incidents
- Police dog Zeeke ran through glass door in hunt for burglars
- Police appeal after two-in-one burglary in Spennymoor nets thieves Skoda Octavia vRS
- Men who admitted having sex with 14-year-old boy warned prison is 'inevitable'
- Pictures: Have you been targeted by the Consett graffiti vandal? Police investigate 'unsightly damage' in town centre
- Woman prisoner with "extensive" mental health issues died nine days after cell ‘hanging’, inquest told