WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- Campaign to raise awareness of threat of terrorism
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death outside Wearside bar
- Police name man found dead in bin store
- Man beaten with car tyre lever tells of horrific attack at hands of paranoid schizophrenic
- Thieves steal £65,000 of chocolate and fudge
- Suspended sentence for teaching assistant cleared of sex with pupil
- Schizophrenic man battered friend with car tyre lever in bloody rampage
- Two arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving following three car collision
- Women: think before you drink, say police
- Man arrested on suspicion of Claudia Lawrence murder is released from bail