IT IS business as usual at the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton today following yesterday’s heavy rainfall when operations were cancelled as fire crews fought to keep floodwater out of operating theatres.
Click here for up-to-date news on how floods are affecting the region
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue are keeping a watching brief at the site and still have a heavy pump there taking water more than a kilometre away from surrounding properties. The NHS say the hospital is now operating normally but extreme weather is still impacting on community nursing teams, particularly in East Cleveland and North Yorkshire.
Loading article content
North Yorkshire County council say seven schools are closed
- St Nicholas CE Primary School, West Tanfield (will reopen at 1pm today)
- Ravensworth CE Primary School
- Appleton Wiske CP School
- Brompton CP School. Northallerton
- The Dales School, Morton on Swale
- Carnagill CP School, Catterick Garrison. Alanbrooke CP School will be operating from a temporary location at the Alanbrooke Training Wing until further notice. The new telephone number is 01845-595287.