NB. This form should only be used to report issues with site performance. Other subjects such as content, advertising or circulation should be taken up using the contacts elsewhere on this page.
Complaints – Who To Contact
The Northern Echo adheres to the Editors’ Code of Practice (which you can find at www.ipso.co.uk.) We are regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation. Complaints about stories should be referred firstly to the Editor by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Peter Barron, The Northern Echo, PO Box 14, Priestgate, Darlington, DL1 1NF.
It is essential that your email or letter is headed “Complaint” in the subject line and contains the following information:
- Your name, email address, postal address and daytime telephone number.
- The newspaper title or website, preferably a copy of the story or at least the date, page number or website address of the article and any headline.
- A full explanation of your complaint by reference to the Editors’ Code.
If you do not provide any of the information above this may delay or prevent us dealing with your complaint. Your personal details will only be used for administration purposes.
If we cannot reach a resolution between us then you can contact IPSO by email at email@example.com or by post at IPSO, c/o Halton House, 20-23 Holborn, London EC1N 2JD.
If complaining about third party comments on our website articles, you should use the 'report this post' function online next to the comment.
1. Start the message by entering the keyword NORTHERN ECHO (not case sensitive)
2. Leave a space and then key in description of your picture or video
3. Send it to phone number 80360 (make sure your picture or video is attached!)
Text's are charged FREE but you may be charged at your normal mobile operator charge. Service provided by Newsquest Media Group.
Newsquest North-East retains the right to publish submitted photos in all its publications including online and in print.